2009 - 2014 F-150

Right Rear Tire Stick Out Farther than Left Rear Tire...Anyone Else?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right Rear Tire Stick Out Farther than Left Rear Tire...Anyone Else?

I was just wondering if anyone else's right rear tire seems to stick out a little farther than the left rear tire if you look at the truck from the rear? I noticed this the other day when looking at the back of my truck and noticed that the right rear seems to be sticking out a little more (like 1/2" or so) than the left rear so I was curious if anyone else has noticed this on there truck? I know it sounds weird but it is something I was curious about and wanted to ask and see if I am the only one that can notice it.

This is on my 2010 FX4 Supercrew.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Just about everyone's does this. Next time you're at the dealership, take your service adviser for a walk on the new car lot and count how many F150s have wheels sticking out further on one side.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:52 PM
That's what I just gathered up from a thread on another f150/Ford forum....Does yours do this?

Old 10-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by SlvrBrute
That's what I just gathered up from a thread on another f150/Ford forum....Does yours do this?
Yep, and the service director gave me some BS that it must be normal since they are all like that on the lot. Even tried to demonstrate to me on an older F150 on the shop rack that it's the axle shaft with some play in it, but I think it's been determined that it's the mounting points on the bed that are crooked. The wheels are in line front to back, and the cab matches up with the front of the bed.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A friend of mines 07 or 08 Ranger is the same way but he didn't notice it until he put the mud flaps on. One sides even with the bed and the other is about an inch past the bed.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Thats when I noticed mine ...I thought I did my mudflaps wrong but it was the tire thing.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:59 PM
I took my screw FX4 back to the dealer when I noticed it. They set the alignment and told me all of the new trucks on the lot were the same and I had to live with it... It hacks me off because it was the same with my offset bed on the 05 F250... They just told me they are all the same and to live with it.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by SlvrBrute
I was just wondering if anyone else's right rear tire seems to stick out a little farther than the left rear tire if you look at the truck from the rear? I noticed this the other day when looking at the back of my truck and noticed that the right rear seems to be sticking out a little more (like 1/2" or so) than the left rear so I was curious if anyone else has noticed this on there truck? I know it sounds weird but it is something I was curious about and wanted to ask and see if I am the only one that can notice it.

This is on my 2010 FX4 Supercrew.
took my 2009 XLT back to the dealer for that reason. They called ford, ford told them it was the rear leaf springs. So they changed them out with no dif. Then they unbolted the cab and box and moved everything over to align the bed and cab with the tires. I would not recommend that they do this to your truck. they had the truck for two weeks.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:54 PM
mine is aligned correctly, even went out with a laser level.

there are pins in the top of the leaf perches that fit in conjunction with the leafs so its either the factory not putting the beds on correctly (unlikely) or Sterling Axle is not putting the spring perches on correctly

Old 10-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Mine is the same. If you look real close the bed is to the driver side just enough to do it. It looks almost lined up on the pass side between the door and bed but the bed sticks out a bit, maybe a 1/8 or less on the driver side. I noticed it when i first got it but before I raged I went to the lot again and sure enough they were all different. Most like mine some off to the other side. I realize that they probably don't have a dude with a straight edge making sure before they bolt it down.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:25 PM
I heard this causes the engine to fail just right when you are out of warranty.

Get over it.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KazK
I heard this causes the engine to fail just right when you are out of warranty.

Get over it.

Couldn't agree more.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:21 PM
seems like poor workmanship to me. If they can't even get the axles square under the truck, then what else are they missing?

Quick Reply: Right Rear Tire Stick Out Farther than Left Rear Tire...Anyone Else?