Lightning

Window tint and going to the track?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window tint and going to the track?

I had planned on going to my local track for the first time wed night but just read on the their web site that no window tint besides factory tint is allowed. I just got my windows tinted about a week ago without thinking about going to the track. Do you think they will stop me from running with my windows tinted?

Old 09-16-2002, 10:09 PM
Hmm never heard of that rule...depends on the track. At our *****ty track out here they wouldn't notice if you were missing a wheel.

Old 09-16-2002, 10:15 PM
I doubt that they'd really enforce that rule. I ran in a PSCA event in Vegas with full limo tint, and their site said they enforce all NHRA rules, with window tint being one of them. Good luck.

Old 09-16-2002, 10:41 PM
Rest In Peace
Ive never had a problem at my track with my tint and my track is e-town where lots of national events are held.

Old 09-16-2002, 11:22 PM
Wow...never even heard that one before...they hardly enforce real safety rules, doubt they are gonna be out there with their little tint cards checking tint % like the cops

Old 09-16-2002, 11:22 PM
they proabaly won't care but when you go to the check in have your windows down and then put them up as soon as you get to the line. at the tracks i run at they make you run with the windows up.

Old 09-16-2002, 11:27 PM
I think i pass everywhere except on the tinting.
**ALL CARS**

*Drivers must be at least 16 years old with a valid state drivers license (NO PERMITS).
*Drivers 16 & 17 years old must have a Minor Release and Waiver of Liability Form signed by legal guardians (forms available at race track).
*Must have seat belts and seats bolted to floor or frame.
*Seats (other than stock) must be braced, framed, supported - aluminum or fiberglass.
*Must have mechanical means of outside driver's door entry.
*Must have 16 ounce radiator coolant overflow can.
*Batteries; if in stock location, stock tie downs (in good condition) are acceptable. If relocated, must use 3/8" (no "J" bolts) diameter bolts minimum for hold-down; Also a battery shutoff switch must be installed at the rear of the vehicle that will shutoff all electrical functions including engine operation.
*Battery and fuel systems must be isolated from driver's compartment by metal bulkheads. This includes complete flooring. All holes must be plugged.
*Firewall - all openings must be sealed with metal.
*Interior panels (other than stock) must be aluminum (.032) or steel (.024) - no magnesium.
*Driver side door panel must be covered.
*Must have positive on/off action ignition switch within easy reach of driver.
*Must be self-starting.
*Fuel tanks must be externally vented and no higher than top of rear tire. Fuel blocks/regulators must be 6" forward of bellhousing and/or firewall.
*Gas cap mandatory. NO rags.
*All carburetors must be covered. Hoodscoop not more than 11" above hood.
*Tires must be considered safe.
*Rubber fuel line is restricted to 12" total (maximum) from front to rear.
*Nitrous Oxide if mounted in driver's compartment must be equipped with relief valve and vented outside of compartment..
*No loose or liquid ballast allowed. All ballast must be installed with 2 1/2" diameter bolts min.
*All windows must be clear. (Only factory tinting acceptable).
*No flexible exhaust pipe allowed. Exhaust must be routed away from driver and fuel tank.
*Traction bars and mounting brackets cannot be lower than the lowest edge of the wheel rim. If not attached at front, need U-bolt or strap. Ladder Bar cars must have restraining strap around front attachment point.
*Non-stock floor mounted auto transmission shifter must be equipped with a positive reverse lock-out device secured to shifter/transmission (not frame).
*Functional neutral safety switch mandatory.
*Flywheel and clutch meeting SFl Spec 1-1 or 1-2 and flywheel shield meeting SFl Spec 6-1 or 6-2 mandatory in any car running 11.99 sec. or quicker with manual transmission.
*Wheel studs must be threaded into the hex portion of lug nuts a distance at least equal to the diameter of the stud.
*Must have a minimum of 3" ground clearance.
*Must have correct steering geometry and sufficient brakes to stop car (minimum 2 rear wheels).
*Steering wheel diameter no less than 11" (unless legal in NHRA Class car is built for).
*Must have shock absorbers (one per sprung wheel).
*Hub caps and trim rings must be removed.
*Fluid leaks of any kind not allowed.
*Street tires must have 1/16" tread depth and be free of deficiencies.
*One working tail light required.
*Helmet recommended for every racer; mandatory for all cars 13.99 seconds or quicker. Helmet must meet SFl Spec 31.1 or 31.2 or Snell 90 or newer.
*Shirt and full-length pants required. No tank tops, bare torsos, shorts or exposed feet.
*Rock shields, front and rear, are recommended to keep rocks and sand out of body cavities (wheel wells).
*Tow vehicles permitted in Super Pro, Pro, Motorcycle, Super Comp and Super Eliminator only.
*No plastic oil lines in driver compartment.

ADDITIONAL RULES FOR CARS RUNNING 12.00 TO 13.99 SECONDS

*All drivers must have a Snell approved helmet containing the required qualification sticker (SFl 31.1 or 31.2 or Snell 90 or newer).
*Cars with slicks running 13.99 or quicker and any car running 12.99 or quicker must have a full circumference driveline loop within 6" of front universal joint.
*All convertibles running 12.00 to 13.99 seconds must have an approved roll bar/side bar and head protector sufficiently padded and utilize an approved five point quick release seat belt/shoulder harness (SFl Spec 16-1, 3" straps, 2 year interval) and face shield or goggles.

Old 09-16-2002, 11:27 PM
Cool

I think that would be a great idea. It would keep all the ricers out of the track and let us race more them 2 times a night. But my windows are tinted so hmmm. mabye another rule like no washer nozzel lights may keep them out of there .

Old 09-16-2002, 11:35 PM
*Must have a minimum of 3" ground clearance.

Guess all the big cars get dq'd eh?

my uncles car doesn't sit 3" off the ground i would say closer to 2. And all of the people I know are setup veyr similar to his.

Brandon

Lots of those rules are not enforced.

Old 09-17-2002, 12:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why do they want the windows to be clear anyways?

Old 09-17-2002, 05:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 95 Saleen S351
Hmm never heard of that rule...depends on the track. At our *****ty track out here they wouldn't notice if you were missing a wheel.
LOL

Old 09-17-2002, 09:48 AM
clear windows

so the track associates and people in the tower can see inside. At FFW at NED, two guys in the mustang classes got disquallified for violations noticed from the people in the tower. One guy didn't have his gloves on , the other didn't have his jacket fastened.

Old 09-17-2002, 10:34 AM
Hell, u guys should come ru at our track, US 41. LMAO!!! I went for a ride in my friends 11.0 car with just a seat belt on They didnt care at all.......

Quick Reply: Window tint and going to the track?