Two Tone Paint (Custom)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Tone Paint (Custom)

I have been thinking of getting a new paint job but I wanted to get some ideas and input from others before hand. Right now I have a black truck, I am pretty sure I want to do a two tone theme with it. I don't want a Ford factory two tone job, but something more along the lines of these two:

I am still unsure about what I want the second color to be. I like the silver but I don't want it to seem like an HD ripoff. I also like red and blue. I have had a little bit of a black and blue theme going on with the truck but I think the red looks cool too. I am just having a hard time picturing what the blue would look like. Could somebody possibly help me out with a photoshop? Any input or other pics would be great.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by HOSRACN; 03-07-2004 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:02 PM
a quickie to see what it'd look like blue....

Old 03-07-2004, 11:05 PM
Thanks. I think that looks pretty good. I know the owner of the black and silver posted above, he did his own paint job and I can probably get a good deal going through him when I do mine. That black over blue might be the way to go.

Thanks again.

Old 03-07-2004, 11:23 PM
yah I think that blue looks pretty sharp too.....if you don't use it, I just might!

Old 03-11-2004, 12:55 AM
Nice!!

I love the blue!! I have a supercrew and have been tryin to get that color change look with photoshop. Can you please help in how you did that so it looks that real and clear. Thanks for your help

Old 03-11-2004, 01:26 AM
The black and blue looks sharp. But the red and black looks pretty good too.

Old 03-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Tiger3200,

Well for that one, what I did was select the portion of the truck that I wanted to change, copy that selection and create a new, grayscale version of it. (you can skip this grayscale step and just alter it inthe original as well)

I then played with the brightness/contrast, then pasted it back into the original image. This puts it on a new layer, and then I use the IMAGE/ADJUST/VARIATIONS tool....you can gradually add color and darken it until you like it.

I'm no where near as good as say, bmwbig6, but it does the job for a quick color change...

Old 03-11-2004, 07:42 PM
how much does a job like tha usually run? Ive been thinking about getting a touch up. By why only go half way when I could have a cool looking truck

31C

Old 03-14-2004, 02:09 PM
Re: Nice!!

Originally posted by Tiger3200
I love the blue!! I have a supercrew and have been tryin to get that color change look with photoshop. Can you please help in how you did that so it looks that real and clear. Thanks for your help
Use the brush tool set to the 'color' brush.

Quick Reply: Two Tone Paint (Custom)