Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Liner vs Rhino/LineX/Etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012 | 07:41 PM
|
Dual Liner vs Rhino/LineX/Etc

Looking to protect my bed in my new F150, long term product. Which one is a better product? Any advice?
http://www.dualliner.com/images/slidec1.jpg

Also, I love the cargo gate in this pic, and the raised toolbox... I cant find them anywhere. does anybody know who makes these????

Thanks is advance

-DF

Last edited by dmfahie; 04-23-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: added url
Old 04-26-2012 | 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor
I am looking at the picture, and I believe that the photo on the right is a folded up tonneau cover. I am not exactly sure what brand it is though. As for the cargo gate, that is the Ford bed extender. You should be able to get them from Ford (if you want that exact one).

As far as the bed liner goes, I could tell you which one I think is the best bed liner, but obviously I am a little bit bias.

Old 04-26-2012 | 03:09 PM
After all my research, I opted for the Line-X with Kevlar. Only 6 months old but still looking like it did on day 1 and that is beautiful. Cost me $538 with a coupon and had it done in Phoenix.

Old 04-26-2012 | 03:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

cannot go wrong with Line-X! Got mine put in the 2nd day of owning the truck. Made the bed look brand new too

got any pictures of yours?

Old 04-27-2012 | 09:00 PM
|
Thanks for your input all. My question to Dual Liner is what is the advantage to your system vs. Line-X. What makes it a better, longer term higher quality product? The only advantage I see is price, and on a $50k pickup, the extra $150.00 is not that important!

Old 04-27-2012 | 10:37 PM
The only advantage I can see Dual Liner having over Line-X is that it can be removed and reused or sold when you get rid of the truck.

For me, there will be no more drop in liners of any kind on my trucks. My last two pickups rusted out under the plastic liners, yet looked perfect otherwise. I could fit my hand through the holes. Dirt and water gets trapped under any liner that isn't painted on. It ruins the paint then eventually rusts out. I also had to tie down almost everything I carried because the plastic floor was so slippery.

My Ranger had a full rubber mat that made it really hard to load and unload heavy objects. Stuff had to be carried then set into place, since it wouldn't slide at all. To me it was more annoying than the plastic floor. It also rusted through, but took about 12 years.

My current truck has Line-X. The texture is just about perfect for loading stuff easily, yet keeping it in place. It'll protect the bed much better than any drop in can. Only negative is when I get another truck, I'll have to spend another $500+.

Last edited by Mike FX4; 04-27-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-28-2012 | 05:29 PM
I currently have Duplicolor bed armor in my truck I was being cheap I got it on sale and did my entire bed for $50.00 after a mail in rebate from duplicolor . It was a lot of work and hard on the knees at least the prep work was that is . Rolling the product on itself was easy after a years use its ok it scrapes easily and has peeled in a few places even though I spent hours doing the proper prepwork .

I previously had a Rhino bedliner very durable and a good product that being said my friend has LineX on his truck and I always thought that looked better and was just as tough as the Rhino. I also think the texture on the lineX is perfect thing move easily when you want them to but things don't slide around by themselves .

Rhino is great but LineX is the best !

Old 04-28-2012 | 05:37 PM
Looks like you still can get dirt and water in some areas of the DualLiner and that will mean rust eventually . The Line X is the Grand Slam winner here!

Old 05-03-2012 | 09:40 PM
|
Well, I wanted to hear from Dura Liner on this to get both sides... Looks like Line-X it is! thanks for all of your help!

Old 05-03-2012 | 10:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

post pictures!

Old 02-14-2013 | 11:36 AM
Bed Liner

Shopping for a bed liner and think I'm going with DualLiner. Don't have any rust issues in CA so much and if we did I'd take the liner out once or twice a year and give it a scrubbing. I'll probably do that anyway. Like the way DualLiner goes together which seems way more manageable over the one piece drop-ins plus what really looks sweet is the rubber floor mat. Want to get away from those hideous ridges.

Great having choices IMHO

Old 02-21-2013 | 05:33 PM
DualLiner came in few days via a cute little UPS gal. I handled the transport to the garage and she gave me a high-five afterwards. Packaging was excellent, install went PDQ without a hitch, looks fabulous. Will meet any need I have and then some. Looks really nice IMHO. Fit is great. Decided not to drill any holes at all. Don't really think you need to unless ya want extra secure fit. That goes for tail gate as well. Great product, service, reasonable price (including shipping & no CA state tax!) plus it installs quick & easy, can be taken out just as fast to clean underneath if needed. My last truck, a Tacoma had a nice factory bed mat. This mat is just as thick (which is a good thing) and lays flat. Very nice protection. Thick enough to sleep on without those sheet metal ribs grinding into ya. Bottom line - I'm impressed! Well done DualLiner!

Last edited by folmonty; 02-21-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: wording
Old 03-16-2013 | 03:37 PM
My local sprayer is now spraying 'bullet' which ive read on other forums is a better off shout of line x but better, I have an appt. on monday to get sprayed so ill have photos after that.

Old 03-17-2013 | 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by BRUTE448
My local sprayer is now spraying 'bullet' which ive read on other forums is a better off shout of line x but better, I have an appt. on monday to get sprayed so ill have photos after that.
Bullet is an offshoot of Burtin Industries which is a urethane foam company. Bullet is a very small company with few dealers. They are not even close to the diversity of LINE-X, but that does not mean they have bad products.

Bullet does not have products like LINE-X Xtra, LINE-X Platinum, LINE-X Body Armour, and they do not offer a nationwide warranty like LINE-X. As far as the two companies standard black product is concerned, there's not a huge difference between the two. If you want a non-fading product, you're better off with LINE-X Premium, Platinum, Xtra, or Body Armour.

Quick Reply: Dual Liner vs Rhino/LineX/Etc