F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

new super duty.... Thoughts..

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new super duty.... Thoughts..

My work truck , a 05 Ford, f-150 now needs a new transmisson. ( off warenty ) I'm a happy converted Dodge Ram owner, ex Ford guy, with a 2500 SLT 5.7. The boss ( Die Hard Gm guy ) is looking for a replacment for the F-150.

So far we have looked at a duramax, cummins and will be checking out a new Super duty.

I'm amazed at how much torque the cummins has and how quiet the duramax is, I'm not crazy with the GM and the boss is anti Dodge.

I set up mobile homes, atco trailers and drive a pilot truck behind over sized loads.

Any thoughts on the new super duty?, I don't like the looks of them, or the interior and the new 6.4 twin turbo I know verry little abought.

I understand that Ford, Dodge and Gm had to design new deisel engines to meet emissons changes.

One question I do have is why did Ford give up on the 7.3 and change to the 6.0? From what little I know, I'm sure a 7.3 power stroke in a older pre 6.0 super duty will be more than enough truck to handel the paces I put a work truck threw.

The 4.6 in the F-150 was a great truck, but I hate the 5.43v and the Ford V10.

Last edited by cyclone vampire; 04-06-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Emissions basicly. My '02 has no cat, no egr, and no ULSD fuel requirement.

The new 6.4L is a whole new deal to for emissions and the HP war. All three brands will have teething problems, just ford came out first. Other than the current flamethrower programming issue, no problems yet.

Adrianspeeder

Old 04-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For now the 6.4L is not a viable option. I would suggest the Dodge as the Cummins is going to be more bullet proof than the Duramax. The new 08s are a big step backwards in styling, but thats my personal preference. At minimum you're going to have to give the 6.4L 2 years to try and work problems out, and by that point it will be discontinued and the new Ford diesel thats supposedly in development could be out.

The 7.3L went away because it could not pass emissions standards. The 6.0L was rushed out to try and satisfy that until the new tier III emissions standards came out, which is what brought about the 6.4L. If you go to Australia you can still order a brand new SD with a 7.3L

Quick Reply: new super duty.... Thoughts..