so long...I Bought A Ram 2500...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 01:42 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so long...I Bought A Ram 2500...

2006 2500 5.7 6sp manual reg cab 4x4 SLT 8 ft box...Put in the paper work and did the factery order...once the truck is built, The 04 F-150 is off to the dodge dealer in 6 to 8 weeks...

It has been fun hanging out here, I really tried to get into a F-250 But Ford credit and my dealer would not budge an ounce for me...

I reserched Dodge to death and they have a lot of complaints, Ford, Nissan, Gm do as well..

At the end of the day, lack of comfort, poor brakes, and a engine that is just dam noisey to the point of sounding like it's running with no oil drove me off the edge...

This will be my first Chrysler product and I will be returning to a manual transmisson....

In clossing, I'm not sorry that Ford has lost me and to give credit to the 5.4 3V in a reg cab truck, Performance and economy have been excellant, engine harshness and a ocasional knocking in the left side lead me to conclude this 50,000 Km engine has issues I don't want to deal with, also my front brakes are acting up again...

I have not babayed this F-150, It has gone to work and been treated like a work truck, all maintance has been done every 5000 km, but it's all pointless now...

Good luck with your F-150...Cyclone has left F-150 online....

Old 04-01-2006, 01:47 AM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man thier dropping like flies.....

Well as RP said in the other thread, you dont have to leave, there are others with off brand trucks on here. I even know of one titan. So if they can post then a Dodge can too.

This makes atleast the 4th person I know of that sold thier 150 and went to dodge in the last 2 weeks.

Old 04-01-2006, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag

Well as RP said in the other thread, you dont have to leave, there are others with off brand trucks on here. I even know of one titan. So if they can post then a Dodge can too.

This makes atleast the 4th person I know of that sold thier 150 and went to dodge in the last 2 weeks.

I wonder if they got ramed would they bleed ford blue?.

Old 04-01-2006, 02:34 AM
You'll be back.

I know Ford guys that have owned at least 2 Ford trucks. Many of them have owned several Ford trucks.

I know Chevy guys that have owned at least 2 Chevy trucks. Many of them have owned several Chevy trucks as well.

I only know ONE person who has bought a second Dodge truck. Everyone else learned their lesson after the first one, and went back to Ford or Chevy.

Dodge sucks, and you'll find that out soon enough. Get used to the dealership you bought it from. You'll be there often.

Old 04-01-2006, 03:41 AM
I can understand leaving Ford.

Really, I can. I have owned others, besides Ford.

What I can't understand is going to a Dodge.

I mean, really......a Dodge?

Anything but a Dodge.

You even did the research...

Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
I reserched Dodge to death and they have a lot of complaints...
........yet you still choose Dodge?

I guess you have to hit rock bottom before you can get back up.

Old 04-01-2006, 07:24 AM
wow, never would have I thought a guy would leave a Ford F-150 and get into a Dodge! You thought the Ford was bad you had, Dodge is 10 times worse if not more then the Ford!

I agree with 1969Mach with how owners of Dodges hardly if any re-turn to a Dodge. Although he has seen one guy get another Dodge, I have yet to know anyone who went back to a Dodge after owning one. Most of the time, the guys switch over to the Ford F-150.

Its not to late yet to cancel out your order man for that crap you want to get. Don't make that mistake even after doing the research and finding out how much Junk they are. You will kick yourself in the as* with this one I'm sure.

Old 04-01-2006, 07:38 AM
Good luck with your new purchase......

Old 04-01-2006, 09:13 AM
The new dodge is a nice truck. Why didn't you get the cummins? Or the 6.1 hemi?

Old 04-01-2006, 09:44 AM
i have always liked the looks of dodge trucks. i had a 76 ramcharger and a 79 power wagon. both of them had suspensions built like tanks but were riddled with problems. i got the power wagon after the ramcharger and thought.... well maybe the ramcharger was just a lemon. the power wagon was just as bad. that was 30 years ago and i know the new dodge build quality and product quaility is light years better.

i was really drawn to the dodge before i got my 04 f150. but i kep t telling myself.........you had 2 other dodge vehicles that were terrible..... if you spend $30k on a new truck and you pick a dodge....... and it gives you problems..you'll be kicking yourself saying .... i shoulda got the ford, i shoulda got the ford. so i played it safe and went with the ford. so far 0 problems and i love it.

the dodge is a nice truck, especially the 2500.
see ya - oaw

Old 04-01-2006, 11:00 AM
I don't think Dodge is all that bad, I wanted one when I bought the 150. I love the 94 newer look. I've never ever owned a chrysler product of any kind for a daily driver. The ovewhelming complaint I keep hearing for the last 15 years are the transmissions. It doesn't seem to be limitied to the trucks.

When I was shopping, my buddy that owns a mechanic shop, told me that his observation of transmissions he has replaced in Dodge trucks. If it has the factory tow package, he hasnt had to change as many of those vs non tow package by about 3-20. Three tow package for 20 non tow package. He said he thought it was the transmision cooler. He then bought a Dodge 1500, 4x4, Sport, a few weeks later. It has the factory Tow package and a really large transmission cooler. So that tells me that he belived it 100% because he is tight with his money. As far as I know he has not had to replace it yet.

So even if you don't plan on towing anything, get the tow package.

Good luck!

Old 04-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag

But look how many member we get that have traded a Chevy or Dodge etc. for a ford truck........

Old 04-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by 04 RED LARIAT
The new dodge is a nice truck. Why didn't you get the cummins? Or the 6.1 hemi?

Cumming is way overpriced and i dont think they put the 6.1 in the dodge trucks yet.

Old 04-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Is this the same guy that said his respect had to be earned? If so.....PEACE OUT.... Oh yea btw...you can't spell.

Old 04-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by SlammaJamma
Is this the same guy that said his respect had to be earned? If so.....PEACE OUT.... Oh yea btw...you can't spell.
No, this is a different guy, Cyclone has been with us for a while.

I havent seen that other guy post in awhile.
Actually since his respect thread.
Maybe becasue he got "OWNED".

Old 04-01-2006, 12:06 PM
April Fools!

Quick Reply: so long...I Bought A Ram 2500...