Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SlowSVT95
who cares
Mostly people with Kenne Bells.

Old 12-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is my email to and response from whipple received today.

----- Original Message -----
To: sales@whipplesuperchargers.com
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 4:12 PM
Subject: shipping dates

I, along with a lot others, have been waiting and hearing "two weeks" for quite a long time now on when the whipple will be shipping for 99 to 04 Ford Lightnings. I have pretty much waited as long as I can now and it looks like a KB is in my future instead. Is there any reason I should wait?

We have been backordered on compressors from our supplier since March. We have not been able to ship any supercharger systems. However, we now have compressors and started shipping kits last week.

Our system has a few advantages. First, our compressor is an axial entry compressor vs. Bell's radial entry. The axial entry is a rear entry and the rotors are encased and seal 360deg around the casing. This design has a higher efficiency rate which means the compressor can produce more air per rpm vs. a lesser efficient style. As you can see our boost charts, we typically have 1-2lbs of more boost than Bell's kit with the same compressor speeds. This benefits temperature and parasitic losses which allows for more power to the rear wheels.

Second, our system comes with it's own cold air intake system, no need for an aftermarket version. Our high-flow system flows as much air as anybody else's.

Third, aesthetics. Our system has the air entry and throttle body on the side of the compressor vs. the top. This clearly looks more factory and really shows the supercharger vs. hiding it. This really changes the appearance under the hood by making the supercharger the focal point.

Fourth, air flow through the inlet system. With Bell's and others, you have to purchase a different intake to get to the high hp levels, as the stock inlet is too small. Our rear inlet casting is enormous and flows a tremendous amount of air, therefore nothing else is needed.

Overall, both systems are very good and really increase the HP over the stock Eaton so you should feel confident in whatever decision you decide to make.

Thank you,
Dustin
Whipple Superchargers

So, has anybody received one yet?

Old 12-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by chesster51
So, has anybody received one yet?
No, but I got an AWSOME lap dance tonight!

Old 12-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by whip
No, but I got an AWSOME lap dance tonight!
Did you stay at a Holiday Inn??
I will be happy when they do finally come into production, NO MORE WHIPPLE THREAD'S!!! But, when they do finally come out, everyone will have hair dryer's!!! I think the turbo's will spank us all.
Bryan

Old 12-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by chesster51

Third, aesthetics. Our system has the air entry and throttle body on the side of the compressor vs. the top. This clearly looks more factory and really shows the supercharger vs. hiding it. This really changes the appearance under the hood by making the supercharger the focal point.

Thank you,
Dustin
Whipple Superchargers

Quick Reply: wheres the WHIPPLE?