Belt Squeal with edge

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 02:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Belt Squeal with edge

Im woundering if any one else with the Edge Evolution programer finds that with it set on level 3 some times on a 1-2 shift it sounds like the serp belt gives a good squeel, a side from the squeel i love this thing. does any one know any thing about the nitrous controler that was on "Trucks" i cant find any info on it any were. Im new to this forum so thanks in advance for any info.

Old 07-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BC_F150
Im woundering if any one else with the Edge Evolution programer finds that with it set on level 3 some times on a 1-2 shift it sounds like the serp belt gives a good squeel, a side from the squeel i love this thing. does any one know any thing about the nitrous controler that was on "Trucks" i cant find any info on it any were. Im new to this forum so thanks in advance for any info.
Belt squeel is common with programmers. To eliminate it, you need to get yourself a Goodyear Gatorback serp belt. I put one on mine, no more squeel. I believe I got mine from Autozone, for around $25. Can easily be changed in about 5 minutes.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
The belt loss of traction is usually the result of faster transmission action as well as improved engine torque.
The fan, water pump, alternator and other driven equipment cannot change speeds as fast as the engine load changes become, with an aged belt and pulley condition.
As you may know, the stock program is torque based and soft in action. That is what you are trying to get away from by using a tuner.
Often the only remedy is a new improved belt.
My 02 has encountered the same thing with a tuner in place until I make adjustments and change a belt that has 70k miles on it.

Last edited by Bluegrass; 07-29-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Thanks im going out now to pick up a new belt

Old 07-29-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by BC_F150
does any one know any thing about the nitrous controler that was on "Trucks" i cant find any info on it any were. Im new to this forum so thanks in advance for any info.
It is an awsome project!!! They only have one prototype (that I know of) and the project has been put on hold indefinately. Since MSD is buying Edge, they have put a stop to the project for now. The truck itself is awsome, making close to 400 RWHP (according to my source), but the life expectancy of the tranny is not looking up. The controller will definately break the truck. According to my source, it nearly doubles engine hp. So I don't see a future for it.

Quick Reply: Belt Squeal with edge