SuperCrew

Torsion bars for 4x4s...Do you want to crank them up to raise your front end?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Torsion bars for 4x4s...Do you want to crank them up to raise your front end?

Hello fellow 4x4 F150 owners,

If you want to raise the front end of your '97 and later F150 4x4 truck by 1 to 2 inches, this document should help you in making the necessary adjustments.

Front end re-alignment after adjustments to the torsion bars is probably not required but, I'd have it checked to make sure the alignment specifications are within the designated values.

Here's the link to the PDF document:

4x4 Torsion Bar Adjustment Procedure

If there are mistakes or errors, too bad...Not really, do inform me of mistakes or errors and I'll correct any and I will update the PDF file on my personal home page.

~DM~

Last edited by DAVEMAN; 12-01-2002 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:25 AM
Thumbs up Well Done !!

d-man,

Excellent procedure ! Just a few thoughts to all; as d-man said, LEVEL grond is important. Measuring from the wheel rim is a good idea, jsut make sure air pressure is up/correct and equal on all 4's. A little issue, but one that affects the stance to a SMALL DEGREE.

Again, excellent job d-man. That's what makes this forum a must read.

Old 10-03-2002, 02:58 PM
Thumbs up Daves the man!!!

Daveman,
You did a great job on the torsion bar adjustment procedure.
Take Care
Shane

Old 10-03-2002, 07:29 PM
Everyone,

Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad my efforts can be used by others as member's showing gratitude and appreciation is what makes it worth my time and effort.

Helping out other fellow F150 owners and members gives me a sense of satisfaction and like someone else said, contributions like procedures and other forms of help are just one of the avenues this website and forum create a fun and informative environment. You're welcomed.

If more of us could chip in and help with similar projects then we can all have a better F150 Experience, don't you agree?

BTW, if anyone is curious about creating PDF files, then let me know as I can point you in the right direction. I can tell you how to create PDFs at home with zero software investment $0. It's all free on the internet and pretty easy to learn.

Later,

~DM~

Old 10-03-2002, 07:48 PM
um as in is the software you speak of a legal copy??? I thought only Adobe make the software to make PDFs. Is there a freeware program that makes them?

I have Acrobat (writer) but its Adobe and is licensed software.

Old 10-03-2002, 08:23 PM
dcovell,

Yep, perfectly legal and easily obtainable over the internet from universities and colleges everywhere. Actually, Adobe doesn't have a copyright on the process to make PDFs, they give it away to whoever wants it. What Adobe does copyright is their complete application program that creates PDFs and that only makes sense.

The technology or code steps to create PDFs are freeware and Adobe makes it available to anyone who can figure out how to use it. I assume their view is that if someone is smart enough to implement the tools into a package to create PDFs, then more power to them. The software I mentioned is therefore perfectly legal and Adobe basically promotes this kind of software development/creation. I guess they figure that more and more acceptance from the user public to use and create documents in the PDF format will ultimately help promote all the Adobe products that they have developed.

Does that explain it a tad better?

~DM~

Old 10-03-2002, 08:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice Daveman.... now, if you could just do a similar writeup (cost free) for how to change Lariat Leather to KR Leather...... you'd be da man!

Old 10-03-2002, 11:50 PM
No problem,

All you do is drive down to your local Ford store, trade in your Lariat, sign the papers on a brand new KR and drive home. I promise, I've already done this procedure to prove that it works like a charm.

~DM~

Old 12-31-2002, 10:44 AM
Daveman,

Thanks for the directions, I gave my new Screw a lift and it looks MUCH better!

Happy Holidays and thanks again!

Scooter_D

Old 12-31-2002, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm going to level my brand new KR on New Years Day. Looks like it's butt is up in the air today.

Old 03-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Lightbulb Cranking Torsion bars on a F150Screw 4x2

OK... I got a question is it possible to crank the torsion bars on a 4x2 F150 Screw? How would you do that? How much does it $$$? Also what are the biggest and best tires I can put on my 4x2? sorry for all the question I am new to this...

-Jason

Old 03-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Re: Cranking Torsion bars on a F150Screw 4x2

Originally posted by HealyJS01
OK... I got a question is it possible to crank the torsion bars on a 4x2 F150 Screw? How would you do that? How much does it $$$? Also what are the biggest and best tires I can put on my 4x2? sorry for all the question I am new to this...

-Jason

Nope! You got springs in the front,no torsion bars for you!

Old 03-13-2003, 10:06 PM
raising front end

I was wanting to do that my front end but was concerned with screwing something up on my 01 4x4 screw. Has anyone had problems had any problemsafter raising their front end.HANDLING,TIRE WEAR ANY THING AT ALL???I want to level it but just want to make sure after ward I dont regreat it. Any help at all would be great. Yup Iam newhere and think you guy got a great site. THANKS

Old 03-13-2003, 10:38 PM
Re: raising front end

Originally posted by hollywood
I was wanting to do that my front end but was concerned with screwing something up on my 01 4x4 screw. Has anyone had problems had any problemsafter raising their front end.HANDLING,TIRE WEAR ANY THING AT ALL???
No probs at all, but I read here a couple of years ago that if you crank 'em up too much, the more extreme angle at the CV joints my cause early wear. but alot of ppl here have cranked the bars pretty much to the max and have reported no probs. it may have just been a little "****-retentiveness" showing through. Dunno, but i cranked mine about 2 1/2 turns each, just enuff to level the truck out front to rear, both on my former truck ('99 SCab 4x4) and my present truck.
[i]Yup Iam newhere and think you guy got a great site. THANKS [/B]
Now YOU have a great site here also. You are now one of us. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Old 03-14-2003, 08:30 AM
thanks REBELYELL FOR THE REPLY.With that Iam going to level my 01 screw this weeked. I also want to thank DAVEMAN for the excellent directions. I'll let you guys know how it goes and hopefully get some pics up.

Quick Reply: Torsion bars for 4x4s...Do you want to crank them up to raise your front end?