Lightning

Just Finished Lowering the L

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2001 | 01:54 PM
|
Paul,

what's the whole deal cost?

I want to do it to mine, but not spend a boatload as I trade them away every 9 mos or so.

Berto

Old 03-07-2001 | 01:58 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
Great job, Paul! Can't wait to see it.

Hey, we're getting together Sat. night in N. Tampa. Hope you and the misses' can make it.

Rich

Old 03-07-2001 | 02:02 PM
Thumbs up

Any pics - I'd really like to see it...

------------------

2000 Black Lightning

Old 03-07-2001 | 05:18 PM
You cant really go buy what it coust me, I own my own garage, so I got the parts at coust. I have 550 in it so far. I hope to have some pics soon.
Rich,
Man I would love to hook up sat but we do not have any one to watch the rug rats. I will at macdill on sunday doing an autocross.
Paul

Old 03-07-2001 | 05:20 PM
Thumbs up

sounds cool another lowered L joins the crowd.. Bill

Old 03-08-2001 | 12:30 AM
Post Just Finished Lowering the L

Just got done with lowering the L. Holy S$$$ does it look good. I should have done this a long time ago. I used Roush rear springs and Hypercoils on the front. The install took about 1 1/2 hours, installed cam kits and put her on the alingment rack. This is were it got fun, almost 2 hours to aling correct. Had to open the slid holes up just a littel to get the right camber. Now I had to deal with the bump stopes. Problem solved I just removed one inch of rubber on all. Took her for a ride. I really love the way she handels now. Cant what to try her out on the autocross this weekend.

Paul

Old 03-08-2001 | 09:19 AM
How did you get the Roush springs? I've called them and they would only seel the complete kit (Coils, Leafs, &Shocks0. Could you help me aquire the springs you put on? Also, did you put on shorter shocks?

Thanks
jeff.adkins@mail.sprint.com

Trending Topics

Old 03-08-2001 | 01:43 PM
If you want some interesting reading check out an previos post (Roush can kiss my a$$) it goes into detail about all the help you can expect from Roush and from some members of this forum. I had to play a game with Roush to get the springs. I told them that I broke a spring and wanted to replace it in a pair. I dont know how many times you can do this before they catch on. I do not know why Roush has do be such a-holes about the whole thing. The rear spring set up is so perfect, no cutting, no modifications, no b/s. Just unbolt and rebolt. I think that if Roush loosened up they would sell alot more springs. I have not changed the shocks yet, I want to see how she handels first then do some research on the best shock. This truck handels like a slot car now.

Paul

Old 03-08-2001 | 02:58 PM
Hotchkis is coming out with some suspension pieces real soon. Just dropped serious money on long-tube headers and siamesed exhaust so I will wait until their product is avaialable. I saw the thread you mentioned. Pretty funny. Thought since you owned a shop you could get the springs w/o the shocks.

Old 03-08-2001 | 04:35 PM
NeedFourSpeed,
Roush could care less that I owned my shop. They just did not want to work things out. So sorry they have a great product.

Quick Reply: Just Finished Lowering the L