Lightning

HD got his truck back thread?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HD got his truck back thread?

Has completely disappeared?

Did the thread sink that low that fast that it had to be deleted?

Coldie

Old 04-09-2003, 08:31 PM
after Jim announced that Bill's truck was a 2 valve, and how he was dissapointed at not ebing able to get a 4 valve done, someone else posted that we will see a 4 valve soon anyway.

After that, Jim took it as an insult and started dredging up personal business.

From there the tuner bitches and sh it stirrers chimed in and the whole thing went down the c rapper.

At least I got in befo da' lock

Old 04-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Bummer...

Thanks for the info.

Did anyone ever say what SC he's running?

Coldie

Old 04-09-2003, 08:45 PM
No details on the S/C, but it appears the stock one is on now and an aftermarket one will be on soon. I bet Bill is installing it right now instead of posting pics. hehe.

Old 04-09-2003, 08:48 PM
Did Bill post any pics? I must have missed the thread before it was deleted. Did Jim post what all was done to Bill's truck?

Old 04-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Short answer:

My (very) little knowledge:

stepped headers
custom exhaust
built engine
cam and heads
rebuilt his nitrous system

All the other typical stuff.

no 4V. no 201

Lets keep it civil and maybe this thread won't be deleted.

Coldie

Old 04-09-2003, 08:52 PM
The thread was removed because it had degraded in to name calling like so many have recently
Here is the text of the original post.
HD is here picking his truck up!
I just took Bill for a ride in his truck, he is extremly pleased. We have had his truck for 13 months to do a four valve conversion. The first few months the truck was here we pulled his old motor out and sent the truck to the roll cage shop. Then we started the test fitting for the four valve and all the neccesary parts. Needless to say we were taking too long for the four valve conversion. Bill has always told me that when he was ready to get his truck back that if it wasn't done that we could go ahead and put one of our two valve motors in it. The decision was made two weeks ago to go ahead with the two valve. His truck now has one of our built two valve motors along with a one of a kind transmission, and a unique exhaust system which contains stepheaders. The rest of the list goes as follows: modified QA1 shocks to fit his ultra low suspension, along with a modified rear housing and billet rear cover. We put Bogarts all the way around which consisted of relocating the rear calipers and modifying the front ones. It also has a Heat Exchanger, electric waterpump and electric fan kit. We re-did his entire nitrous system. A bucket seat conversion was added there is also a five point saftey harness on the driver and passenger seats, roll pan and the list goes on and on. Bill does have the option of putting the four valve back in when I am finished with all the pieces to this puzzle. If he choses to keep the two valve I will be putting the four valve in my truck this summer.
Jim@JDM
If this doesnt stay civil it will get removed as well.
Doug

Old 04-09-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by HANKFAN
Did Bill post any pics? I must have missed the thread before it was deleted. Did Jim post what all was done to Bill's truck?
Roll cage, bucket seat conversion, 2 valve heads with an option on the 4 valve engine when he gets it working. A few other things I can't recall.

Old 04-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Thanks. If I know Bill, he will go through all of his NX jets until he hit's 10's!!!!

Old 04-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Bill good luck with your new motor. 4 V suck anyway. Too many damn parts. Rev like a ricer. Being first isn't always such a good thing. I think the idea of Jim doing it first and you second is the best idea anyway.

Last edited by Calightnin; 04-09-2003 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Looks like Doug's on top of things. Too fast for me.

For what it's worth, I don't really see a problem here. If Bill is happy with how things have worked out, what business is it of ours? If he were raising holy he//, that would be entirely different. But he's not. No harm no foul. How many of us could afford to do what he tried to do in the first place? Most of us don't have the perspective to even try to put ourselves in his shoes. Different strokes.......

Old 04-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Thanks Silver.

Thanks Silver.

We'll try to be civil (or at least I will).

Coldie

Old 04-09-2003, 09:05 PM
I recently heard that JDM did build someone a 4 valve motor with a Whipple blower for a Lightning not a HD.Supposedly JDM had his truck for over a year to do it but the guy did get the motor that JDM promised he would get. After a whole year to fabricate the parts needed for the first one,why wouldnt he be able to do it for a HD?They have the same motor.

Old 04-09-2003, 09:06 PM
Doug,

Maybe you could dump all the dumb *** post, and just leave the congrats for Bill?

Old 04-09-2003, 09:11 PM
Um..

Crash. We're talking about HD the person HDMLNUM.

JDM had his truck for over a year. The good news is HD is really happy with his truck now that he has it back.

Coldie

Quick Reply: HD got his truck back thread?