egr valve

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i replaced the whole vacuum line

Old 04-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Had similar problem

I went through the same kind of thing. There should be a thread titled "egr check engine light" that went through it around last Oct, and maybe one "still getting codes" a little later

I found that all of the position sensors do not work the same. My truck came with a light gray one. I got a code before startup with the dark gray ones that I tried. I got a light gray off ebay. I assume that is the purpose of your spacers.

I found a couple of vacuum leaks in unexpected places. I noticed a hiss when I moved my heater switch. Thought it was the switch but found a broken brittle hose under the hood near the heater fan. It was where tubes are bundled to go into the cab.

I also found a leak in the bottom of the vacuum can (pin hole where the mounting bracket is crimped on). I found a good fix for that, if you need it.

I still get a code occasionally, and have not found time to change all the hoses. I hope to get back to it in a couple of months.

Two more things I would check (you may have already). Your egr might be sticking. I took mine off and cleaned the ports in the valve with carb cleaner. Got lots of carbon and it was pretty new. See if you can make it operate by applying vacuum while off the truck. Second, the exhaust tube on mine had leaked and was replaced. You may want to check to be certain it is okay. Hope this helps.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:03 PM
wow man thanks alot, i will definately check for those things, its killing my gas and those prices are kicking my *** right now, i really appreciate it

Quick Reply: egr valve