2004 - 2008 F-150

***THE OFFICIAL VIN CHECK THREAD ***

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ***THE OFFICIAL VIN CHECK THREAD***

As as a solution to our ongoing *problem* of multiple threads being generated to make requests for VIN checks from certain generous members who choose to donate some of their own personal time to such efforts, our webmaster Steve has proposed that we limit all future VIN check requests to this one thread -- ALL OTHER VIN CHECK THREADS WILL BE DELETED. This thread will serve as the sole repository for VIN checks and will be affixed with a 'sticky' at the top of the first page.

NOTE: Doing VIN checks for members is an unpaid volunteer effort on the part of just a couple of members who have access to such information. Please do not abuse the kindness of these members and ruin it for the rest. That is to say, requests should made only when there is a genuine need for such information; like when you are expecting delivery reasonably soon and need to have a better idea of exactly when the delivery date will be, so as to make arrangements for things like a private party sale of your current vehicle, etc.. Weekly checks starting from the day you order your truck and every week thereafter is definitely an unreasonable expectation. Remember too, as a volunteer effort, there is NO GUARANTEE as to the availability and timeliness of having your request answered. Don't make a pest of yourself about getting your VIN checked and DO NOT presume that it is okay to e-mail these members directly to make your VIN check requests. Most importantly: VIN checking is reserved for orders on F-150 trucks only!

Lastly, while some here do have information about the Ford Motor Company VOPC telephone order status verification system, all future public mentions of such information will not be permitted in this forum. The reason being: This system is not supposed to used by the general public; and knowingly allowing such information to be disseminated on this forum exposes the owners of this forum to the possibility of legal entanglements they would rather avoid. Simply put: Pull on Uncle Henry's beard publicly and he will come down hard on you with both feet. Private off-forum communications about VOPC, will (of course) remain your own personal business.

Last edited by FoMoCoFoMe; 03-04-2004 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:41 AM
allow me to be the 1st

I will be the 1st:

1FTPW14574KC59961

Thanks

Old 03-04-2004, 12:07 PM
1FTPW14514KC13302

Ordered late in late Oct.

Dealer says should be in the next couple of weeks. I would just like to see if the dealer gave me a straight story.

Thanks much!

Old 03-04-2004, 02:44 PM
1FTPX14564NB64061

Looking for an update

Old 03-04-2004, 05:54 PM
What does Sequence date and blend date mean??

Receipt Date:
Serialize Date:
Segment Date:
Sequence Date:
Blend Date:
Produced Date:
Gate Release Date:
Ship Date:
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:

Old 03-04-2004, 05:57 PM
This is the way it was explained to me:

Receipt Date: Date Ford gets the order from the dealer

Serialize Date: Date Ford transfers order to plant and assigns a VIN number to the vehicle. At this time, dealer receives a DORA.

Segment Date: Date the plant determines which week the order will be built

Sequence Date: Date the plant determines which day the order will be built

Blend Date: Date the plant determines when the order will be built within the assigned day

Produced Date: Date the vehicle is built

Gate Release Date: Date the vehicle is released from the plant

Ship Date: Date the vehicle is shipped from the plant

Arrival Date: Date the vehicle arrives at the dealer

Sold Date: Date vehicle is sold

Old 03-04-2004, 07:36 PM
Well I guess my last vin check post was made an example out of. I only hope IsInBloOm and Nutty Gambler had a chance to read what it said before it was removed. FoMoCoFoMe, I wish you could have at least posted my vin # before you deleted my thread. Anyway, here it is again. Thanks.

VIN# 1FTPX14504KC59314

Old 03-04-2004, 07:40 PM
Right now there is a limitation of posting once ever 60seconds? I was wondering if I could get and exception to this?, or if it was a server thing? It makes checking the VIN numbers tedious.
-ii

Old 03-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by B-Double
Well I guess my last vin check post was made an example out of. I only hope IsInBloOm and Nutty Gambler had a chance to read what it said before it was removed. FoMoCoFoMe, I wish you could have at least posted my vin # before you deleted my thread.
Just so we are clear here, I was not the one that deleted your post. The decision on which posts (or threads) to delete was made by our webmaster Steve. I can assure you, he was not trying make "an example" out of you or any other member. After a discussion on the best way to find group harmony regarding the VIN check post *problem*, it was decided this thread was that answer. While I can empathize with having your post being yanked (I had my DIY Vin Check thread pulled), I do believe a few lost posts is a small price to pay, for what I think will be viewed (in hindsight) as progress.

Old 03-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by IzInBloOm
Right now there is a limitation of posting once ever 60seconds? I was wondering if I could get and exception to this?, or if it was a server thing? It makes checking the VIN numbers tedious.
-ii
Hey Iz,

I am not sure that you can overide this setting on an individual basis. As I underststand it, the 'flood' setting is part of the forum software and is there to help keep the server from getting slammed. Any reason you can not just make all VIN check reports in one single post per day? I would think this would be a little easier on you. If you haven't done so already, you could always save the basic form to a file and just cut and paste the form. Like this:

VIN Number:
Receipt Date:
Serialize Date:
Segment Date:
Sequence Date:
Blend Date:
Produced Date:
Gate Release Date:
Ship Date:
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:

VIN Number:
Receipt Date:
Serialize Date:
Segment Date:
Sequence Date:
Blend Date:
Produced Date:
Gate Release Date:
Ship Date:
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:

VIN Number:
Receipt Date:
Serialize Date:
Segment Date:
Sequence Date:
Blend Date:
Produced Date:
Gate Release Date:
Ship Date:
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:

Old 03-05-2004, 11:17 AM
I would of checked today, but the system is down. Sorry!

-ii

Old 03-06-2004, 08:52 PM
VIN Check

This is my first and only VIN check I will request
Thanks! I will certainlly not abuse the system.

VIN: 1FTPX14504NB64640
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercab
Ordered: 2/14/04
Ordered From: Elk County Ford Lincoln Mercury, St. Marys Pa.

Old 03-07-2004, 02:30 AM
Just wanted to thank Izinbloom for doing my VIN check. I guess I did have some what of an unique situation that, atleast in my mind, justified having him check it. Briefly I'll explain. Ordered a F150 back in early January. Called my salesman 2 weeks later and still no VIN and he had promised me a 4-6wk delievery date, this struck me as being odd. Called 2 weeks later (4 total after order was placed) and still had no VIN, then he calls back saying he had screwed the order up so he just cancelled it. So I re-ordered the same truck in mid february, later found out that he had never actually ordered my first truck back in january.

Old 03-07-2004, 07:36 PM
1FTPX14564NB64061

If you can do a VIN check for me Monday morning, I'd REALLY appreciate it. It's supposed to be built this week. I'm crossing my fingers.

I'll be in Livonia, MI all week for work.

Old 03-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Hi, Any chance of a VIN Check? Hope its not too much trouble. I think it should be built by now?

1FTPW14534KC55261

Quick Reply: ***THE OFFICIAL VIN CHECK THREAD ***