2004 - 2008 F-150

"New" Front Brake Rotors Are Out!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up "New" Front Brake Rotors Are Out!

I have just been told by my Ford Dealer that my emergency ordered front rotors are due to arrive at the dealer in a couple of days. The parts guy told me that they have a new part number which means that they have been changed (improved?) in some way. I just wanted people to know...I have a 4x4, so I don't know what the deal is with the 2 wheel drives. Hopefully I will get my new rotors and pads sometime next week and will have more information. I am sure that many of you are aware that a good number of folks have had problems with warped rotors...I'll keep you posted.

Old 11-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Baer is coming out with new brakes for us as well. They were shown at SEMA.

-Tim

Old 11-11-2004, 01:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's GREAT news!!! I have about 7,000 miles on my truck, and it has been in the shop 5 times for rotors (3 times resurfaced and 2 times replaced), and I'm still having problems.

Did you happen to get the new part #?

Thanks for the update.

Old 11-11-2004, 01:03 AM
No part number yet, but I should have it in a couple of days...

Old 11-11-2004, 02:01 AM
Was this for noise, dust, warping, or rotor scouring..........?

Old 11-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by kamikaze2b
Was this for noise, dust, warping, or rotor scouring..........?
It HAS to be for warped rotors. I think the dust is more of an issue with the pads than the rotors.

Old 11-11-2004, 04:32 PM
This was for warping. They are also pretty noisy...lots of squeaking on slow stops.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:25 PM
I have the well-documented brake dust problem (I'm now at ~4000 miles). I took a closer look at the rotors this weekend and I can see they are wearing very evenly at all. I haven't noticed any noise, but I'm not happy with the brake situation on a $35k truck. Is it worth my while to have my dealer look at it? Are they going to do anything?

Old 11-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Well, I don't know...my rotors are warped pretty bad. They have already turned the rotors once, so they are going to replace them with "newly designed rotors." I am hopeful that they will fix the warping problem but I am not holding my breath.

Old 11-17-2004, 11:33 PM
Mathman - any update on this yet? I'm really anxious, being that I have the same problem.

Old 11-18-2004, 12:40 AM
Well, I was told that they would be in last week...now they are supposed to come in sometime this week. Hopefully they will arrive by Friday...I want this done real bad. I will let you guys know as soon as I get them. (Actually, I won't know how good they really are until I put a couple thousand miles on 'em.)

Old 11-18-2004, 02:22 AM
Mine were supposed to come about 2 weeks ago. Then I finally called them again and they said they should be in the past friday, so i scheduled an appt for the previous saturday. Well saturday came and went to drop my truck off only to find out that the parts still werent there.

Service dude is really cool, but its been like a month since they ordered them. Shipping is really slacking.

And damn my rotors are warped bad!

Old 11-18-2004, 07:33 AM
Same Boat

I am in the same boat. My new front rotors are on order also. I left the truck with them for a few days to get a few more items taken care of in hopes that they would come in. My Service Manager called yesterday and told me I might as well come pick up the truck as it could be a few week before they arrive. No biggy, I told him to give me a shout when they arrived and I would bring it back in.

Old 11-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Well this morning I called my dealer, and the SA said they do have 1 pair of the new rotors in stock, but once they are gone it will be a few weeks before another shipment comes in. I asked him to hold them and I would be in first thing tomorrow morning. He said that he is unable to "hold" them, and that if someone comes in today for new rotors, then they would be gone. I was livid to say the least. So I called back and spoke to the Service Manager, and he took care of it... So I have an appt tomorrow morning for the updated rotors. Hope these are better. I will post results.

Old 11-19-2004, 07:48 PM
I am interested in new brakes also. My '04 has 42k miles and I just moved to a high traffic job location so my brakes are starting to sqeal. I had it in the dealer last month and paid(?) to have them tell me that my brakes are fine. I am washing was too much dust not to think they are not telling the truth so i will get a brake shop to install (Baer?) something better.

Quick Reply: "New" Front Brake Rotors Are Out!