Supercharger Oil

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercharger Oil

I Have Heard About Changing And Checking The Oil But No One Not Even The Dealer Can Tell Me How To Do It. I Have A 2003 F150 Harley. Bout 50000 Miles. How Often Do I Need To Check The Level And Change The Oil?

Old 06-24-2006, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought my 03 HD two weeks ago so, I haven't changed the S/C oil in it yet.. plus it only has 13k on the clock.
BUT, I've changed the S/C oil on my M90 S/C'd Buick GS a couple of times.

There is a small allen head plug on the front of the S/C case. To check the level, remove plug and the level should be just below / even with the plug threads.
The way I changed it was to use a Mitey-Vac vacuum pump (#07000) to suck the old oil out. http://www.mityvac.com/pages/products_hvpk.asp
Some people use one of those hand soap pumps.. or something similar.

Once you pump the old stuff out, and it smells bad, simply refill with S/C oil. DO NOT use regular motor / gear oils!! If you can't find the S/C oil at a Ford dealer try Buick, Pontiac, or Chevy. You could also order it from here: http://www.intense-racing.com/ Go to "Store", then "GM3800", and then "Induction" and it should be listed there.

Here's a post taken from the SVT site:
I posted this procedure before, but will help to attempt to explain this to all again! First of all the Eaton Superchargers use a Synthetic Oil, made especially for the different models that they manufacturer, but all use the same Supercharger Oil , when installed on all Foreign or Domestic applications.

You first need to get a "Turkey Baster" and about a 6 inch piece of vacuum hose and attach it to the "Turkey Baster" before trying to remove the Supercharger Oil from the "Snout Housing" only! Remove the Access Plug from the front of the "Snout Housing", then once you have removed the Supercharger Oil, you can then purchase new Supercharger Oil, to refill the unit.

Most Ford dealerships, we have found out , that they do not stock this for customers to come in off the street to purchase. You can buy the 4 oz. Bottles from any Pontiac or Buick dealership, under part number 12345982 and it takes 2 - 4 oz. bottles to refill the Snout Housing. The cost of these 4 oz. bottles will usually run between $6 to $8 a bottle.

From the What It's Worth Department here, with running Boost Levels higher than the factory recommended supercharger pulleys produce, it is a good preventative measure to change your Supercharger Oil at least once a year, as the Viscosity of this Synthetic substance still has a tendency to breakdown over time, meaning higher temperatures generated with running boost levels 5 to 7 lbs. over stock configuration and causing the Supercharger to run hotter than normal.

Example: My car produces 14 lbs, or better on the street with Ambient temperatures between 90 to 105 during the summer months and with running these boost numbers, the Supercharger Oil will breakdown twice as fast, with my car producing 14 lbs. So, as good rule of thumb here is take 15 minutes of your time and about $12 to $20 for the Supercharger Oil and change it once a year , for good preventative maintenance. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Oil