Help Me Mike T.!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help Me Mike T.!!

I know yur in Vegas at the moment, (Lucky Dog ) but if you see this thread, please give me some info if possible.

Received my Xcal2 today, read the paperwork, installed 93 Drag tune, couldn't get my truck to turn over.....tried the other tunes and same thing. Called Crystal and it seems that the PCM# of ACB9 on my paperwork is not the same as on the back of the Xcal, which is AGB9.

Crystal was very apologetic and basically said wait for Mike to return, which is cool, but, if you have a better plan, please let me know.

Thanks in advance and safe trip back......

Race

Old 11-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Race were you able to go back to stock settings and get your truck running?

Old 11-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by BLYOTH
Race were you able to go back to stock settings and get your truck running?
That was my greatest fear!! However, It cranked up after reverting to stock..WHEW!! ....fortunately I still had my 1714 tuner to go back to

It was just a bummer 'cause I finally had it in my hot sweaty hands and I couldn't do anything with it..

Oh well....Mr. T will make it alright.....

Peace out

Race

Old 11-03-2005, 07:27 PM
I am just glad to hear you was at least able to get rolling until you get the fix. Man I would be in some deep doodoo with the wife/work if I installed/disabled my ride. freekyfx4 and the rest of us will be interested in hearing your opinion on the difference between your 1714 and the XCal 2 once you get it properly installed.

Last edited by BLYOTH; 11-03-2005 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by BLYOTH
I am just glad to hear you was at least able to get rolling until you get the fix. Man I would be in some deep doodoo with the wife/work if I installed/disabled my ride. freekyfx4 and the rest of us will be interested in hearing your opinion on the difference between your 1714 and the XCal 2 once you get it properly installed.
yeah....the "drag" tune is the one i'm intrested in

I'll keep you guys posted....

L8r bro...

Race

Old 11-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Race,

Sorry to hear about your problem!

There is only 1 way to handle this - I know you probably know this already, so I'll just put this up here as a reminder to anyone seeing the posts..........

As is pointed out in our documentation, Tech Support cannot be done here, or in email - that has to be handled by phone, so that is how to work with us on that, it can't be done here.

You have called our staff, and they are working on this for you - they will be in touch with you as is appropriate - we are having SCT review your files now, to see if something else is going on, but I think what we have here is another undocumented reflash. If you have any other questions, please give us a call at our number listed below, & thanks for your cooperation on this.

PS - by the way, just so you will know - your truck *was* properly programmed according to the code info you gave us, ACB9 - the AGB9 on the sticker was simply a typo, the correct info is in your truck and is on all of the documentation. What I suspect here is a reflash to a different code has happened at some point, and/or an ID change in something else the PCM talks to. What we have done on our end is in fact correct according to the info we received, and there is no such code as AGB9, so it was never possible for your truck to have been programmed as an AGB9 - just FYI.

As soon as we have a proposed resolution, our staff will give you a call!

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 11-07-2005 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Is it true Ford is required to put a sticker on your truck if they reflash it? Is there a certain spot they have to put it?

Old 11-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Former Sponsor
YES!

They are indeed supposed to affix a "Notice of Modification" sticker under the hood in a "prominent" location - which is usually on the black plastic radiator cover in the F-150, for example, but can be almost anywhere under the hood. But unfortunately, many times they just don't do the sticker.

If you use the SEARCH feature here, you can easily pull up posts that contain a picture of this sticker - it's about 2 inches high by 3 inches wide,and is a "see-thru" type design with blue borders on it, and the mechanic/technician writes in by hand the new reflash info.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here's mine ~ dealer didn't put it on until I went back and asked for it

Old 11-07-2005, 06:12 PM
it'll be my luck that i'll finally get my xcal2 and that will happen to me.. something always goes wrong..

Old 11-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by Superchips_Distributor
Hi Race,

Sorry to hear about your problem!

<snip>
but I think what we have here is another undocumented reflash. If you have any other questions, please give us a call at our number listed below, & thanks for your cooperation on this.

PS - by the way, just so you will know - your truck *was* properly programmed according to the code info you gave us, ACB9 - the AGB9 on the sticker was simply a typo, the correct info is in your truck and is on all of the documentation. What I suspect here is a reflash to a different code has happened at some point, and/or an ID change in something else the PCM talks to. What we have done on our end is in fact correct according to the info we received, and there is no such code as AGB9, so it was never possible for your truck to have been programmed as an AGB9 - just FYI.

As soon as we have a proposed resolution, our staff will give you a call!
Welcome back Mike.....

Thanks for your response. I have complete confidence in TP to help me get this resolved....I will await your call.

Race

Old 11-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi race,

Thanks, it's great to be back - now we just have to get caught up on everything we missed over the past week!!!!

As you probably already know by now, just as I thought, your vehicle was in fact REFLASHED. That means we were given the wrong information regarding your computer code, and *that* is why it did not start with our tuning installed. We tuned it to an ACB9, just as you listed, but it is actually a ZKX1 - so it *has* in fact been reflashed, despite anything your dealership may claim.

And just so you know, there will have to be a clear record of that listed in Ford's OASIS computer system, which can be accessed at any Ford dealership by simply having the service manager plug in your VIN# - the only way it would not be there is if the dealership failed to submit that claim under warranty to Ford - and that doesn't happen very often. SO you can march right in to your dealer, have them pull it up in OASIS, and show them that they are full of malarkey - this is assuming they weren't so stupid as to do that work and not get paid for it. It is also a very rare outside possibility that your truck was reflashed at the factory before it ever left Ford - but I have not yet seen that happen on any ACB series vehicles, so I doubt that could have happened. No, what happened was a reflash at your dealership, and they are simply trying to deny it, or are just so stupid as to not admit it/claim they don't know anything about it. Either way, my bet it that it will show right up in OASIS that there was a "PCM reflash" or "PCM update," etc. the bottom line is, that PCM *was* in fact reflashed after that vehicle was built, and 99.9999% of the time, that happens at the dealership, and most of the time, after you took retail delivery, during some service visit.

The bottom line is, what we did was correct according to the info you provided us - but the problem is that we were given incorrect info (most likely because you had no idea that has been done to your vehicle!), and so now you will need all new custom tunes to be made from scratch to the new *correct* code because your PCM was in fact reflashed.

So the mystery is resolved, & our staff will be in touch with you about this for your resolution to get you up and running so you can enjoy what you bought!!!

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 11-08-2005 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Rawzon ,

Well, there is one easy way to avoid this - we can go ahead and send you out your XCal 2 BLANK, and have you do the "Read Strategy" function with it, and that will positively identify just what is actually in your PCM, so you do not run into that problem.

We have a firm policy of if we are given incorrect info and have to do all new custom tunes all over again to get the vehicle up and running, there is of course an additional fee for that, as we have to do a lot more work - we basically have to do *all* our work all over again. So if you want to avoid that potential, give us a call and we can send out your XCal 2 unprogrammed so you can read the PCM strategy, and then simply send it back to us so we cna load the correct tunes into it.

Not many of these vehicles have undocumented reflashes, but anyone that wants to be sure about this who has placed their order who we have not already done their tuning, they can call us and have us send out their XCal 2 blank so they can read the strategy and give us the correct info, so we *know* for sure, beyond any shadow of a doubt, even if it has been reflashed at the dealer 50 times, just what is currently in each and every PCM - nice tool, eh?

So you do have a solution to avoiding even the potential for that kind of problem - if you'd like to avail yourself of it, just give us a quick call!

Old 11-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Superchips_Distributor
Hi race,

Thanks, it's great to be back - now we just have to get caught up on everything we missed over the past week!!!!

As you probably already know by now, just as I thought, your vehicle was in fact REFLASHED. That means we were given the wrong information regarding your computer code, and *that* is why it did not start with our tuning installed. We tuned it to an ACB9, just as you listed, but it is actually a ZKX1 - so it *has* in fact been reflashed, despite anything your dealership may claim.

And just so you know, there will have to be a clear record of that listed in Ford's OASIS computer system, which can be accessed at any Ford dealership by simply having the service manager plug in your VIN# - the only way it would not be there is if the dealership failed to submit that claim under warranty to Ford - and that doesn't happen very often. SO you can march right in to your dealer, have them pull it up in OASIS, and show them that they are full of malarkey - this is assuming they weren't so stupid as to do that work and not get paid for it. It is also a very rare outside possibility that your truck was reflashed at the factory before it ever left Ford - but I have not yet seen that happen on any ACB series vehicles, so I doubt that could have happened. No, what happened was a reflash at your dealership, and they are simply trying to deny it, or are just so stupid as to not admit it/claim they don't know anything about it. Either way, my bet it that it will show right up in OASIS that there was a "PCM reflash" or "PCM update," etc. the bottom line is, that PCM *was* in fact reflashed after that vehicle was built, and 99.9999% of the time, that happens at the dealership, and most of the time, after you took retail delivery, during some service visit.

The bottom line is, what we did was correct according to the info you provided us - but the problem is that we were given incorrect info (most likely because you had no idea that has been done to your vehicle!), and so now you will need all new custom tunes to be made from scratch to the new *correct* code because your PCM was in fact reflashed.

So the mystery is resolved, & our staff will be in touch with you about this for your resolution to get you up and running so you can enjoy what you bought!!!
MAN!!....I was again bitten by those bumbling baffoons

This is the same dealership that swore up & down that my air conditioning quit working because of that "air thingy" (Airaid intake) that I installed last year. In fact, I talked with those fools eyeball to eyeball today and they stated and re-stated to me no flashing done.

My appologies Mike....I try to take folks at their word, however, in this case....well...let's just say....lesson learned.

Thanks again for you and your staff's second-to-none customer service!!

Satisfied and Loyal Customer,

Race

Quick Reply: Help Me Mike T.!!