1997 - 2003 F-150

Show 'Em Off!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gtxmatt
No i mean to clean your engine. the body lift was installed myself...costs to much to get someone to do it...besides its pretty easy.
oh i haven't cleaned my engine. coobies replied about 2 seconds before me.

maybe c_ulater or Blue-02-2wd will chime in and answer any questions you need. i asked if he wanted to see mine bc if he thinks that needs cleaning, mine will make him hate life. it does need to get cleaned soon though. gonna pretty it all up like they do.

STILL WAITING FOR AN ENGINE PIC FROM Blue-02!!

Good job on that exhaust! is there a hole in the bed of your truck now?

i'll find a write up on the body lift, see if i can do it at home.

Last edited by DenoFL; 07-29-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DenoFL
oh i haven't cleaned my engine. coobies replied about 2 seconds before me.

maybe c_ulater or Blue-02-2wd will chime in and answer any questions you need. i asked if he wanted to see mine bc if he thinks that needs cleaning, mine will make him hate life. it does need to get cleaned soon though. gonna pretty it all up like they do.

STILL WAITING FOR AN ENGINE PIC FROM Blue-02!!

Good job on that exhaust! is there a hole in the bed of your truck now?

i'll find a write up on the body lift, see if i can do it at home.
haha yeah theres a nice hole. gonna get er patched up an spray a bedliner in.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Blue-02-2wd
Man I want your valance! I want to have mine Pym but that's a ton of sanding to get rid of the texture and 250 bucks to have it polished and painted.
Yeah it's not smoothed lol, just painted and cleared - cost me $50 so I said why not? I wasn't about to spend all that time sanding; I had already gone through that with a radio surround and that took enough time for me. And when it turned out, I liked the other one I had painted flat black with the texture better anyway, so now I have a gloss black smooth radio bezel sitting in my closet

Old 07-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Man I really wanna see your truck all detailed! Lil looks mean all muddy though! Your two trucks look bad asa side by side!
THANKS MAN! all the chrome isn't really my style though. going to darken things up a bit here soon. and when i do that i will clean it all up. new wipers, new wiper fluid ports... and the rest is a surprise bc im not sure how its going to turn out, and its going to be a pita. a little something like what gtxmatt has going on, but im going to try it myself, with plastidip so i can change it. hopefully it holds up.

Originally Posted by 1clean42
Yeah it's not smoothed lol, just painted and cleared - cost me $50 so I said why not? I wasn't about to spend all that time sanding; I had already gone through that with a radio surround and that took enough time for me. And when it turned out, I liked the other one I had painted flat black with the texture better anyway, so now I have a gloss black smooth radio bezel sitting in my closet
what paint did you use?

Old 07-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Is there any way u could send me an up close pic of the valance one day? I really want mine painted and curious how it looks with the texture.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:16 PM
what paint did you use?
Is there any way u could send me an up close pic of the valance one day? I really want mine painted and curious how it looks with the texture.
same thing i was thinking.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Initially when I did mine the first time, I tried it with the texture. IMO is doesn't look good at all. It's worth the extra effort to sand it down smooth. It's actually not that hard to sand with a good sanding block or gritty sandpaper. I was able to sand mine down pretty quick. Then with the primer and wet-sanding that you should have a good platform for the basecoat.

Especially with how good your truck looks now I think you'll be happier with it smooth. Just my opinion from experience.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Do I see a projector retrofit in those headlights krazy?
Yes there is a retro, fx-r 2.0 Five.5 ballasts and blazer fogs with 35w. The off-road lamps are 55w hid.

Nice truck! lights on the bull bar look sick. Grill and headlights go well together.
Got a write up for those reverse fogs in the bumper? they are awesome.
Thanks! No real write up just what I used to do the project.

Originally Posted by krazynelson
This is what i used

Grote grommet part # 91740 4" round grommet (you can use what ever brand you want for this its all the same) should be available at any tractor supply store.

A pair of round fog lights that i bought at Canadian Tire. Don't have a link they are just some 3.5" fogs that i got from there, should be able to find something at like walmart, or advance auto or the sort.

A relay, some wiring, a switch. I have mine wired up so i can turn it on at anytime, you can wire it up to your reverse lights if you want.

Oh and a 4.5" hole saw to cut the holes for the grommets.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Wanted to announce that I found the set of wheels I will soon purchase!
When I get the wheels, headlights, and other upgrades installed, I think it will look sweet. I am going with 18" with 265/70/18 tires. I hope they don't rub!!

Last edited by slorider; 07-29-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Well, okay...can't get the pic to load but anyway I found a great deal on some Moto Metal 961s (black) in 18s and will own them soon...I know this isn't "showin' em off" but I was kinda interested in some feedback on these wheels.
Thanks

Old 07-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by slorider
Well, okay...can't get the pic to load but anyway I found a great deal on some Moto Metal 961s (black) in 18s and will own them soon...I know this isn't "showin' em off" but I was kinda interested in some feedback on these wheels.
Thanks

Look sick. What tires you go with will make these IMO. Did you get the red rings or silver? I'm thinking great choice. Good find man!

Old 07-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by slorider
Thanks

Oh and I think a leveling kit or small lift with 32's or 33's and a nice all Terrain or mud Terrain with your harvest gold paint would look so nice! But that's my opinion. Very nice

Old 07-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Suspended
Pic in sig. I got my spring tech 6.5 lift maxed out and on 44's. Sig pic is on 39's. Will update once i take new pics with the 44's

Old 07-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by lltoolj
Pic in sig. I got my spring tech 6.5 lift maxed out and on 44's. Sig pic is on 39's. Will update once i take new pics with the 44's
can i get a pic of your UCA angles? i have the 2.5 coil spacers and it seems maxed out and can hardly get the alignment straight. any tips? thanks! and what do you have in the rear for lift?

Old 07-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor

what paint did you use?
same thing i was thinking.
I just had my local body shop paint it for me. Guess he used regular automotive paint? I'll try to get a close-up tomorrow for y'all.

Quick Reply: Show 'Em Off!