1997 - 2003 F-150

Trick My Truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 01:40 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I understand, you should be able to fix all the gauges with the programmer...might refer to the chips, tuners, programmers section for a better answer to that though. I just installed mine today and haven't messed around with it enough to know yet.

lol, I bet that did take awhile scraping off the green tint!

Old 01-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alright, thanks.

The only thing the acetone worked on was where I didn't want to acetone which was the odometer reading screen.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:23 AM
So, here I am waking up in Fayetteville, NC, I look outside and check out what I see.

Platnum Mirrors!

So, I go to work, I'm a military cop, nothing happened all day due to the snow. My buddies tell me I shouldn't go home, and just stay at the barracks, but I was to busy wanting to play in the snow and cuddle with the wife. I have fun, then dry safely and I'm 5 minutes from home. The car in front of me is a good 50ft away, runs a red light and keeps driving, swirving everywhere in the snow, we're coming down a small hill, now I'm like 20ft away. They hit their brakes, start turning left but slow and swirving. I hit mine while 20ft. away and start sliding towards them, I'm almost about to side swipe them, I turn the wheel to the right, truck turns right, into a small gutter ditch and the truck bed strikes into a fire hydrant between the stepside and wheel. I have no clue what to do, the car that was swerving got stuck as well while trying to make their left turn. I'm yelling up a storm about to punch my window out, but feel to bad about my truck already. While listening to this Jeep spinning tires and not going anywhere, I walk up to them and the driver just waves so I step away. The driver then backs his vehicle into the church parking lot, spins donuts and burns out for like 5 minutes. The driver and passenger get out, looks to be husband and wife and yell at each other and just leaves me there. I had to walk home at 1:25am in the snow with just my army uniform on. My hands are purple, wife is asleep, I wake her up, I call my parents to ask for advice on what to do. They tell me to call the cops, which I do, got a claim done, the cop said he doubts my truck is totaled. I'll be calling my insurance company tomorrow morning. Here are the pictures.

Camera dying while taking pictures, my truck left bottom bumper is cracked and the fog light got pushed out. My rear tire wheel well plastic is broken, and the gas tank hose is smashed in the middle. I'll take more pictures in the morning. My monster energy drink is everywhere, so I definitely have to clean that up.

Question is, do you guys think it's totaled? It drives fine, I think the steering is easier (ha) but, it could just be me pissed and nervous about what is going to happen to my baby! Bad news is, we're moving in March to a bigger place, and we're trying to get my wife a new car!

Last edited by Dinggus; 01-31-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:11 AM
It's def not totalled It's actually could be an easy fix. Just find a new bed in a junk yard that isn't rusted out and paint it. For it to be totalled you would have to done more damage to what it's worth. Sorry about your mishap

Old 01-31-2010, 10:26 AM

that sucks man. i doubt its totaled really. just gonna need a new bed and valence and paint. hope everything works out for ya

Old 01-31-2010, 01:31 PM

That really sucks man. It's definitely not totaled though.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:17 PM
Alright, thank god its not totaled! It's my baby! Now I get to work on that new hood, ha.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:33 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. That bed is fiberglass isn't it?

Old 01-31-2010, 02:34 PM
Looks like it. I'm going to take more pictures and see if my lights, blinkers work, check for frame damage and leaks.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:22 PM
holy crap man that SUCKS!!!!!!

i doubt its totalled as well.

you dont even have to replace the whole bed, they can remove that bedside and just put a new one on and paint it.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:19 PM
That's what I was thinking, but the bed on the inside is dented as well. I took alot of pictures and will post them when I get back from dinner and movie. Also, the bumper isn't cracked but the lower valance is, so I was thinking maybe buying a lightning one, but it's $320! But I'm going to wait to buy anything for the truck until I find out for sure it's fixable. Also, if my bed gets placed, will I get te STX sticker on it as well and can I take off my taillights?

Old 01-31-2010, 06:41 PM
hmmm, they might be able to fix the inside of the bed.

im sure theyll put the another stx sticker on there if you want.

id just stick with the stx valence

Old 01-31-2010, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I just miss my truck.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Looks like there was more damage than what I seen at 2am. But here is everything now from what I can see.

Lower Valance:

The whole side of the truck bed:

Inside:

Looks like it hit the areas circled:

What is that red thin bar for?

Dent in the bed:

Just a picture from the rear driver side underneath if it matters:

I don't seem to see any damage to the frame, but the bed itself. But, hopefully I'll get a phone call from my insurance company tomorrow for further information. I just want to drive my truck!

Let me know if you guys see anything out of the ordinary.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:24 PM

yea that just looks like the main component that id be worried about is the gas filler tube. id say bed side and new valence and some body work. id take the fog assembly off to keep it from getting more damaged

Quick Reply: Trick My Truck