1997 - 2003 F-150

Lifted 97-03's - Any Body Style

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need that much to do crossover??? how come? just curious

and im not touching the rear...not right now atleast. I have swapped in a chevy 14 bolt already in it. I just want to get the front axle in first...then do all the other stuff later. i am DEFINETLY not going to be able to afford all that at once...if i did, it wouldnt be a project truck then. haha I atleast want to get the axle under, even if i dont have a driveshaft hooked up. I know my IFS is about to crap out and i busted a cv joint last weekend. right now, i am not doing any wheeling much between work, school, and being a broke *** college student, i cant afford to do much. lol I want to get it all built before i do anything serious. after i get the front axle in, i want to do my gearing. rims and tires, i am already running so i dont have to worry about that. so to just get the front axle in, i am hoping wont cost much. I am working 60 hr weeks during the summer to try and get some cash in my pocket so hopefully i can have the axle in and completely working by the end of the summer and possibly have my new gearing cause its just killing me right now. that is my goal for the summer. I may even be able to do more depending on what kind of problems i run into doing all this. lol

Old 05-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by modea2006
Guess I'll finally post some

I like that! looks like a truck should sit! It looks real close to mine...is that a 4" lift???

Old 05-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by doug435
please for the love of god fix that truck it has like 4inches of rake...
its just the way its parked....I'll get some better pictures, those suck anyways. It sits pretty nice, the flareside bed makes it hard to get a good look at it, but if you measure wheel wells, the fronts only an inch or half inch lower.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by willys5555
i need that much to do crossover??? how come? just curious

and im not touching the rear...not right now atleast. I have swapped in a chevy 14 bolt already in it. I just want to get the front axle in first...then do all the other stuff later. i am DEFINETLY not going to be able to afford all that at once...if i did, it wouldnt be a project truck then. haha I atleast want to get the axle under, even if i dont have a driveshaft hooked up. I know my IFS is about to crap out and i busted a cv joint last weekend. right now, i am not doing any wheeling much between work, school, and being a broke *** college student, i cant afford to do much. lol I want to get it all built before i do anything serious. after i get the front axle in, i want to do my gearing. rims and tires, i am already running so i dont have to worry about that. so to just get the front axle in, i am hoping wont cost much. I am working 60 hr weeks during the summer to try and get some cash in my pocket so hopefully i can have the axle in and completely working by the end of the summer and possibly have my new gearing cause its just killing me right now. that is my goal for the summer. I may even be able to do more depending on what kind of problems i run into doing all this. lol

To clear the factory crossmember. I would have to double check, but that is what I heard.
If youve already got a 14 bolt rear your halfway there. If your just planning on taking a stock axle and throwing in under there you should be able to keep it cheap.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Is that the crossmember in the front that hangs down? I would really like to replace that anyways, i hate how it hangs down that far but I dont know what else could be done with it.

Thats what i was hoping. For now, i just want to get the stock axle under there. I will upgrade parts later probably as needed. If i am replacing with chromoly shafts, i might as well wait til these break right? the only thing i want to do to the axle is the gearing but even that can wait a little bit. thanks for your help.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by willys5555
Is that the crossmember in the front that hangs down? I would really like to replace that anyways, i hate how it hangs down that far but I dont know what else could be done with it.

Thats what i was hoping. For now, i just want to get the stock axle under there. I will upgrade parts later probably as needed. If i am replacing with chromoly shafts, i might as well wait til these break right? the only thing i want to do to the axle is the gearing but even that can wait a little bit. thanks for your help.
If your running a smaller tire like you said you probably wont even need chromo's. Stock 1 ton should be able to handle 40's no prob. I ran mine with 44's for a while before I upgraded.
You might be able to sneak by with the stock 4.10's too, depending on what tires you go with.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:38 AM
thats what i thought so im not changing them til i break them. haha but i highly doubt i will break them. I have 4.10s in the back already and it just isnt enough for me. lol I really want to get 4.88s cause i have 38" tires. With my automatic tranny, i dont want to do any more damage than necisary to it so i want to get the 4.88s.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by fordracing200
I like that! looks like a truck should sit! It looks real close to mine...is that a 4" lift???
Yup!

Old 05-06-2010, 12:49 AM
2009 F150online Truck of the Year

I haven't posted a pic with the new wheels on....

Old 05-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Gator that is sharp truck looks brand new condition

Old 05-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Tinian! I know about the axles and such- I'm planning on some used superduty axles think they are out of a f350. I guess what im trying to say is I have been searching for a step by step buildup of just what is involved w/ switching to a soild front axle. I know gears depend on tire size and i would like 4 wheel discs. maybe I could swap in the super duty brake system too?

the truck will be driven on the street as well so i think coils might be better on the front?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:23 PM
2009 F150online Truck of the Year

Originally Posted by sanndnsurf
Gator that is sharp truck looks brand new condition
Thanks man, it's fun to keep clean....not

Nice truck you have, the rock stars look good

Old 05-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Wookie- PM sent

Old 05-09-2010, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by GATOR CREW
I haven't posted a pic with the new wheels on....

Your truck always gives me motivation to keep mine clean, and one day possibly it will look as good as yours. Always love the truck man! Favorite on the site!

Old 05-09-2010, 02:54 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by TheTinian
I didn't read all 18 pages, but here is my baby....

are the hellas on the front of your truck different?

also do i spy svt seats ?

Quick Reply: Lifted 97-03's - Any Body Style