1997 - 2003 F-150

Replaced my rear seats with.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MitchF150
I don't mind anyone 'thumping', but what I get a laugh out of is when on the outside, all you hear is the muffled thumping and all the vibrating and ratteling panels and such

Even when the windows are down, there is still all the rattling going on.. Never found that very impressive, no matter how hard it thumped...

I like good, deep bass as much as the next guy and I've had my share of 12" woofers in past vehicles, so I know how it sounds...

In the back seat of an Extended Cab, it probably doesn't rattle all that much..

The worst ones are cars with them in the trunk and it's the deck lid that's doing all the vibrating and rattling...

When I had a set in my '86 5.0 GT in the back, the hatch would rattle if it got really loud.. I put in some more weather stripping to make for a tighter seal and that helped, but I also had to push down on the hatch to get it to latch each time it was opened.... Got tired of that after a couple of years, so the 12" subs went away as did the extra stripping.. Heck, I've still got 'em... Hummm.... :o

Mitch
it has nothing to do with impressing others. its fun to listen to music with huge subs. who gives a **** what others think when you drive past. and not all of them rattle, mine didnt in my last car, cuz i did it right and fixed the rattles.

im all for speakers that are so laoud they will blow womens clothes off.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Ive had my big, eliminating all the back of the truck systems, but it does not accomodate my family now. Ive resorted to a custom enclosure that holds my 12" L7, and it will still pound, and you can hear me from 3 blocks away no problem. Just remember all the bass in the world is nice, as long as you have the mids and high's to go with it. Nobody likes distorted non-balanced sound.

It does look good man, keep up the good work!

-Matt

Old 07-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Yea, - I think I lifted them about 3". I did it about 4 years ago, - I'm surprised how good it still sounds. Running an old Super tuner as well. I need to update my receiver so I can plug my iPhone and iPods into it. I'm not sure how to do that without the plug in port.

How tall are your speakers? Those look huge!! I can just imagine the bass lol..
Howd you lift the rear seat? just installed my sub today and the box i ordered is about an inch to tall so when the seats down it makes it sound like crap.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Jesso
Hear me comming from a mile away? YES!! Thumping the hell out of the car next to me at a stoplight?? of course.... shaking peoples houses in a residential at 1am... no. but as far as wrecking a good truck... nah i only need the two front seats room for me and your girlfriend.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:26 AM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Yea, - I think I lifted them about 3". I did it about 4 years ago, - I'm surprised how good it still sounds. Running an old Super tuner as well. I need to update my receiver so I can plug my iPhone and iPods into it. I'm not sure how to do that without the plug in port.

How tall are your speakers? Those look huge!! I can just imagine the bass lol..
There 12" fosgate p3 dvc 800 rms. They are in the box designed by fosgate for those subs. It has the designs and specs on the side. I have a 1000 watt hifonics amp pushing it.

I don't mind anyone 'thumping', but what I get a laugh out of is when on the outside, all you hear is the muffled thumping and all the vibrating and ratteling panels and such

Even when the windows are down, there is still all the rattling going on.. Never found that very impressive, no matter how hard it thumped...

I like good, deep bass as much as the next guy and I've had my share of 12" woofers in past vehicles, so I know how it sounds...

In the back seat of an Extended Cab, it probably doesn't rattle all that much..

The worst ones are cars with them in the trunk and it's the deck lid that's doing all the vibrating and rattling...

Mitch
All of my doors are dynomated. And i haved tracked down every little rattle. From the outside its still a deep crisp loud bump and as for my highs and mids each door has a 150 watt pioner (piece of crap) and a tweeter hooked into crossovers. I just got a new amp in for the highs and mids and i have much better door speakers on the way.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mitch

Old 07-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by supercrewfx4
it has nothing to do with impressing others.
BS.... I'll bet when you first got it setup, you cranked it up for all your buddies! We ALL have done that!

Originally Posted by supercrewfx4
its fun to listen to music with huge subs. who gives a **** what others think when you drive past. and not all of them rattle, mine didnt in my last car, cuz i did it right and fixed the rattles.
Sure it is.. I didn't say it wasn't and I didn't say they 'all' rattle.... I never even said that the OP's rattled.. Only that when I hear 'someone' who is thumping hard, but all you hear on the outside is the buzz and rattle, then I find that funny and unimpressive...

A guy comes thru our neighborhood every night and he's thumping to beat the band, but the first thing you hear as he starts up the street is the buzz and rattle and then the next thump and more buzz and rattle! It's also a very poorly done 'ricer' car, but the guy is obviously 'proud' of it!

Mitch

Old 07-02-2010, 08:35 PM
BS.... I'll bet when you first got it setup, you cranked it up for all your buddies! We ALL have done that!

Mitch
haha you know it!!! First thing i did was go over to my buddies and when i pulled up and there whole house was shaking they all came out front to see what was up.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
BS.... I'll bet when you first got it setup, you cranked it up for all your buddies! We ALL have done that! Mitch
What are doing messing around with these kids mister ?

When a friend of my daughters pulls in the drive just thumpin and vibrating, - first thing that comes to mind is , - wheres my varmint rifle...

Old 07-03-2010, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by wes1333
Howd you lift the rear seat? just installed my sub today and the box i ordered is about an inch to tall so when the seats down it makes it sound like crap.
I just made a wooden spacer that's fastened to the top of the seat frame. The seat is fastened to that somehow, - I can't recall exactly how I did that. What sucks is, - I can't fold the seat flat now. It won't roll forward with those tiny 12 inchers under there. The seat cushin hits.
The rear seats are different in the 98 model Wes. I believe they changed them either in 99 or 2000. Mine have a strap.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:03 AM

There 12" fosgate p3 dvc 800 rms. They are in the box designed by fosgate for those subs. It has the designs and specs on the side. I have a 1000 watt hifonics amp pushing it.

All of my doors are dynomated. And i haved tracked down every little rattle. From the outside its still a deep crisp loud bump and as for my highs and mids each door has a 150 watt pioner (piece of crap) and a tweeter hooked into crossovers. I just got a new amp in for the highs and mids and i have much better door speakers on the way.
Yea, I have a little red Milwaukee stereo in the garage w/Fosgate speakers. Nothing like you have, but it sounds pretty good for its size.

I like good bass quality as well, - sounds like your definitely all set there.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Well i finnally got my bass control **** hooked up so i felt it was time to turn the amp way up and make some real noise not that it wasn't loud enough before haha.. but anyway the end result from that was pretty much this...

I found this picture on google. I dont have a camera handy at the momment but its like that but atleast 5 times worse. Mine isn't just a little outside bubbles it was more just completly warped and melted Haha .. i think im more proud then mad

Old 08-30-2010, 04:15 AM
Hear me comming from a mile away? YES!! Thumping the hell out of the car next to me at a stoplight?? of course.... shaking peoples houses in a residential at 1am... no. but as far as wrecking a good truck... nah i only need the two front seats room for me and your girlfriend. She likes my system in must vibrate her cooter the right way... not that you would know anything about that.

And it sounds pretty damn good. I have some new door speakers ordered thru the local stereo shop and a amp to push them so i can get my highs and mids up to par with my bass.... Ill get a video up when i get a chance.

Jbrew.. did you have to lift your back seats up?
grow up?

Old 08-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by mlamprey
As long as Your happy with your truck, it doesn't matter what I or anybody thinks. I just glad I don't have to listen to you drive by my house. I can guarantee that eventually you will grow up, mature and that the day will come when you will think the same way.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DonkeyShark
grow up?
Do you say the same thing to all the guys who supercharge their trucks too?

I think I see a green eyed monster creeping up...

- NCSU

Quick Reply: Replaced my rear seats with.....