1997 - 2003 F-150

Update...new heads, tails, third brake light, and grill

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012 | 04:14 AM
|
Update...new heads, tails, third brake light, and grill. Pics inside!

Well the wife and I just moved to Guam about a month ago under military orders and are finally settled for the most part. I had some spare time to finally put the parts on the truck. I've had them sitting in the garage forever then moved out here lol. When I get a few more parts in I will finally start this conversion! Here are all the pics!

damn movers

Our first view the next morning after arriving at night.

Last edited by formuladriver01; 04-25-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old 04-24-2012 | 06:23 AM
Truck looks good! How dare you tease everyone with that PIAA valance

Old 04-24-2012 | 06:46 AM
|
Originally Posted by FordGuy24
Truck looks good! How dare you tease everyone with that PIAA valance
Thanks! Sorry for the tease pics haha

Old 04-24-2012 | 08:42 AM
Where did you get the PIAA valance?

Old 04-24-2012 | 08:50 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Sweet...looking forward to seeing your mods in progress...

Old 04-24-2012 | 08:56 AM
Awesome man! I was wondering how things were coming along! Truck looks great!
Sucks that the movers messed up the pulley. That thing is a PITA to change and you need a pulley puller tool to get it off.

I didn't know you scooped up a PIAA valance aswell!! Youre going to love it!!

Old 04-24-2012 | 04:29 PM
|
Originally Posted by TheGoaT
Where did you get the PIAA valance?
I was lucky a few months ago in scoring one. Paid a little more than I wanted to but I couldn't pass it up!

Originally Posted by 88racing
Sweet...looking forward to seeing your mods in progress...
Thanks! It's been a long time coming.

Originally Posted by str8t six
Awesome man! I was wondering how things were coming along! Truck looks great!
Sucks that the movers messed up the pulley. That thing is a PITA to change and you need a pulley puller tool to get it off.

I didn't know you scooped up a PIAA valance aswell!! Youre going to love it!!
Thanks! I don't know about the tail lights yet... Might find some lightning take offs and put a few coats of night shade on them.

I'm am looking to buy a new blower because I don't know if the movers bent the shaft when they dropped it. There was never any play in the coupler but now I can hear all sorts of noise.

For the valance, I have to find a good shop on the island to spray it and mount it. I'll do the 520 install. I'm on the look out for this square block led lights the raptor guys are using as fogs. I want to mount a set inside by the opening. Or I'll find some super duty fogs and mount them like the guy who I bought the valance from. I think his name is Rus.

Old 04-24-2012 | 05:29 PM
that sucks about the shaft, i wonder if you could just replace it since i know you paid a premium for that polished blower! if not maybe you could find a just a snout from posi and have it polished before you get it shipped? im guessing the case is still in good condition?

as for the lights on the valance, i would pass on the 2nd set inside the opening. you want as much air as possible hitting that HE.

Last edited by str8t six; 04-24-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-25-2012 | 03:42 AM
|
To be honest I don't want the polished blower, plenum, intake tube, and what not. I would rather have stock color or black. If you know anyone that wants to trade I'm willing and will also give some extra cash to have it rebuilt.

Good call on the second set of lights. It's hot and humid here and I will need all th cooling power I can get. I want to upgrade to a bigger double pass HE and a bigger better pump. Also I might do a remote resi inside the cab under the rear seat for added cooling affect.

The locals here a huge into the ricer scene and mini truck scene. I can't wait to get my truck done so I can destroy all on the strip. I want to hear them say "know way will your big *** heavy 4X4 pickup will beat me" then when I kill them I want to see their reactions haha. I will say some of them have a properly built Honda, Toyota, or whatever they have. On some I can hear the turbo and blow off valve.

They are also into the mini 4X4 scene with solid axle swaps on all the yota tacos.

How is your truck running? Get the trans issue fixed? I've probably watched every YouTube vid you posted at least nine times. I can't wait to hear that blower whine! My goal is around 12#'s of boost. Heard that is all the N/A motor can handle. I need to start saving for a built trans!

Old 04-25-2012 | 03:51 AM
|
Here is the swap parts spread out in the garage. Couldn't resist showing off the new tool box full of tools!

If I could have afforded snap on...that's what would be in the garage haha

Old 04-25-2012 | 07:44 AM
I wish I wouldve known that before you shipped out. I would have traded for the polished blower. I'm sure it would be alot cheaper for you if you just bought a stock eaton and hold on to polished when you get back to the states because I'm guessing shipping would be alot from Guam.
I have a trick IC tank and it doubles the stock holding capacity to 2 gallons. I'm not sure running a tank in the cab would be a good idea. It would take up alot of room.

I still have the trans issue. I may be switching tuners. I've tried a new MAF and TB and it still does it.

I'll try and get you some more videos when it warms up around here!

Tool box looks great! I wish I had room for one like that!!

Old 04-27-2012 | 12:37 AM
|
Originally Posted by str8t six
I wish I wouldve known that before you shipped out. I would have traded for the polished blower. I'm sure it would be alot cheaper for you if you just bought a stock eaton and hold on to polished when you get back to the states because I'm guessing shipping would be alot from Guam.
I have a trick IC tank and it doubles the stock holding capacity to 2 gallons. I'm not sure running a tank in the cab would be a good idea. It would take up alot of room.

I still have the trans issue. I may be switching tuners. I've tried a new MAF and TB and it still does it.

I'll try and get you some more videos when it warms up around here!

Tool box looks great! I wish I had room for one like that!!
Sorry for the luck with the trans...

If you have single blade throttle body for sale let me know! Shipping to and from would probably be around 50 bucks. I found a blower for 250 and I'm keeping the polished one to rebuild port and sell once back in the states. Who knows I might piece together a swap kit and sell it or put it on another f150. Maybe a single cab 4x4. I still need a bunch of parts before I do the swap. I'll probably just run the stock stuff with the KC. I want to start putting the parts on the truck so bad but I can't cause it's my only mode of transportation for now.

Old 04-27-2012 | 12:51 AM
What else do you need for the swap? I thought you had most everything for it.

I forgot you're running a KC

Old 04-27-2012 | 12:59 AM
|
I need a few gauges and pods, fuel pump, tuner for first start, an iac unless I can use the one from my truck now, the headers with true duals out back, and a few gaskets here and there. Maybe some hardware like nuts and bolts. I need to re wire my e fan. Also the new blowers, 2lb quick change pulley and the required belts. Oh and I need the tensioner and idler pulleys for the MP bracket.

Old 04-27-2012 | 01:38 AM
you can reuse your stock IAC valve. what gauges are you going to run?

when you get the quick change pulley, tell them you need one for a 99-00 lightning. the balancers are the same for the f150. 01+ is a little different and requires an additional alignment ring. i got mine from LFP in the stock 8# of boost and it comes with a belt.

Quick Reply: Update...new heads, tails, third brake light, and grill