1997 - 2003 F-150

Please help!!! Need truck fixed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012 | 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Did you check the damn fluid, you want help or not?

F- it.

Ignore list.
A few beers and this video will make you feel some love buddy
http://www.break.com/index/nice-peace-2323727

Old 05-04-2012 | 09:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by Toyz
A few beers and this video will make you feel some love buddy
http://www.break.com/index/nice-peace-2323727
Your warped.

That guy(I think ?) , must be related to pee wee herman.

Watcha want to bet his transfer case oil looks like swamp water.

Old 05-04-2012 | 10:28 PM
lol

I had too. And he is a cross breed between pee wee herman and the banjo player from deliverance.

I dunno...... bolts rattling around in the differential, yokes snapping, 4wd engaging on it's own, pedal to the floor while it kicks in and out of gear. I'm betting a lot of things are looking like swamp water and smelling like a 2 dollar ...lady friend

Everything needs to be gone through

Old 05-05-2012 | 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by Toyz
lol

I had too. And he is a cross breed between pee wee herman and the banjo player from deliverance.

I dunno...... bolts rattling around in the differential, yokes snapping, 4wd engaging on it's own, pedal to the floor while it kicks in and out of gear. I'm betting a lot of things are looking like swamp water and smelling like a 2 dollar ...lady friend

Everything needs to be gone through

Yea, it's probably mechanical now, -like everyone has been saying. But,easy things first. When they're low on trans fluid, they act a little crazy. Can even stall the engine. When the diff fluid breaks down or is incorrect, - that alone can shake , vibrate the truck so bad, the worst @ about 50mph, -drivetrain can fall apart on yuh.

He's got a large lift w/increased angles that can multiply those problems and tear things apart even more.

I agree, needs to be gone thru and done up right at this point.

Old 05-05-2012 | 12:34 AM
|
Drained transfer case fluid earlier today. Getting dark but not terrible. No metal flakes. However I did take tranny pan off and there was about a quarter size of metal shavings on the magnet in the pan. The tranny fluid level was fine. Yes the axle has been angled differently to compensate for the lift. I bought it from a guy this way. I'm just wondering if I need to rebuild the transfer case and tranny and be done with it. It is 4x4 on the floor btw.

Old 05-05-2012 | 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by ZachK14
Drained transfer case fluid earlier today. Getting dark but not terrible. No metal flakes. However I did take tranny pan off and there was about a quarter size of metal shavings on the magnet in the pan. The tranny fluid level was fine. Yes the axle has been angled differently to compensate for the lift. I bought it from a guy this way. I'm just wondering if I need to rebuild the transfer case and tranny and be done with it. It is 4x4 on the floor btw.
What you found in the trans is normal. IF they were very small shavings.

I'm not sure what is "blue" in color tho ? That might be alright, - perhaps just changing in color. (?)

Old 05-05-2012 | 02:51 AM
Suspended
Did you check the damn fluid, you want help or not?

F- it.

Ignore list.
are you going to do that to your child instead of spank?

What you found in the trans is normal. IF they were very small shavings.

I'm not sure what is "blue" in color tho ? That might be alright, - perhaps just changing in color. (?)
ignore list? i didn't realize you could still read post when you put someone on that list

Old 05-05-2012 | 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
are you going to do that to your child instead of spank?
Nope, no need to do either. And at least I contributed towards fixing the problem. Plus he's writing easier to read sentences.

And I don't have to bring another forum into this one, just to have something to say.
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
ignore list? i didn't realize you could still read post when you put someone on that list
At least you can add. That's because I didn't put him in it. Didn't say I was.

Quick Reply: Please help!!! Need truck fixed!!!!