1997 - 2003 F-150

Rear axle vent tube/ brake line t

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear axle vent tube/ brake line t

Alright so we are swapping out my dads rear end with a new one since it was cheaper than a rebuild. In the process we are putting all new brake lines on it. The problem is the block that houses the vent tube and the t for the brake lines.

the issue is, the part that is the vent is a press fit piece and the new part does not come with it! none of the auto part stores have the line/block with the vent piece in it, and even rock auto doesn't have it.

Because of this we are going to reuse the old block and rubber brake line, but WTF? have any of you run into this and if so how did you fix it?

I will take pictures and post them tonight or tomorrow to demonstrate what i am talking about.

Thanks!

Old 06-15-2013, 05:10 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Just a thought - have you tried a Ford dealer?

Old 06-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by glc
Just a thought - have you tried a Ford dealer?
Well it is Saturday lol and we want it together tonight before the rain hits tomorrow. If it comes down to it i will try that but it just seems weird to us that they are selling completely useless parts (cant even buy the press in piece separate) and wasn't sure if anyone had found a way around this (besides the dealer) if not fine we can go there during the week, thats not a problem. We just prefer to not pay their prices when we don't have too.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:19 AM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
If you can get a Ford part number, there are Ford dealers online that offer discounts - such as Tasca.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure if there's a difference from your year to my '00 F150 4x4 4.6, but mine didn't have a press in piece. Mine has a hollow bolt that holds the block at the axle end of the hose to the axle tube.

I ordered a new hose from RockAuto.com and simply cleaned and re-used the hollow bolt that the vent hose pushes onto.

If yours is indeed a press fit piece instead of a bolt, the dealership is probably the only place you'll find what you need.

Quick Reply: Rear axle vent tube/ brake line t