1997 - 2003 F-150

A truly sad day

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A truly sad day

Today was the day. I sold my truck aka Betsy. I sold my early build 97 f150 4x4 off road extended cab with 4.6 and 355 gears and 02 fx4 wheels.

The guy came and fell in love with the ol girl and took her home with him. I am not gonna lie, it was time for her to go (210k and rusty as hell).

I put over 60k on that truck in less than 4 years, used it to haul one cousins car 1 hour home when it broke down (2002 windstar), my other cousins car 2.5 hours home when it broke down (2001 escape) and their sisters 2000 explorer home twice 5.5 hours home when it broke down. I moved lots of people in to their new place and I drove that truck back and fourth to Purdue University for four years (2.5 hour drive) and i raised a lot of hell in it. You know, bon fires muddy fields, snow out the wah zoo, and trips through the woods to go shooting.

I have to say i am kinda depressed right now. That was my first f150 and the first vehicle i ever had in my name.

I owe this site a lot and am grateful to all of you who have helped me out over the years. When i finally find the right truck I will be back though! I'm hunting for a clean 02-03 5.4 to hopefully last me even longer than the ol 97 did.

Thanks again for all of the help and I'll still be snooping around as dad still has his ol 02.

Quick Reply: A truly sad day