1997 - 2003 F-150

1999 F250LD 5.4L Auto 4X4; No start, low voltage at Inertia switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 F250LD 5.4L Auto 4X4; No start, low voltage at Inertia switch

Hello All, I am new to the forum, I live in Morrow, Ohio. I bought this truck and have been working on this problem for two full days. It has been sitting for over a year and was told it needed spark plugs and a battery. I replaced both items and it turned over, would start with starting fluid but only briefly. I disconnected the fuel line on the tank side of the filter and had my son turn the key on several times, no fuel. I reconnected the line and tested voltage at the tank (Pink and blue (+) and black (-). No voltage. I went to the fuse box under the hood and have good 15A fuse with 12.5V there with the key on. The relay also makes 3 audible clicks when I turn the key on. I tested the inertia switch green/yellow wire; 6.8V grounded to the truck or to the small brown wire. I looked at the condition of the green/yellow wire up and into the harness and it did not appear damaged. Any advice on where this green/yellow wire travels to? I had read that it goes to the fuse box inside but did not see a listing for this in the manual. Any advice on this would be appreciated! Thank You.
Noel
1999 F250LD 4X4

Old 07-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by labadida
Hello All, I am new to the forum, I live in Morrow, Ohio. I bought this truck and have been working on this problem for two full days. It has been sitting for over a year and was told it needed spark plugs and a battery. I replaced both items and it turned over, would start with starting fluid but only briefly. I disconnected the fuel line on the tank side of the filter and had my son turn the key on several times, no fuel. I reconnected the line and tested voltage at the tank (Pink and blue (+) and black (-). No voltage. I went to the fuse box under the hood and have good 15A fuse with 12.5V there with the key on. The relay also makes 3 audible clicks when I turn the key on. I tested the inertia switch green/yellow wire; 6.8V grounded to the truck or to the small brown wire. I looked at the condition of the green/yellow wire up and into the harness and it did not appear damaged. Any advice on where this green/yellow wire travels to? I had read that it goes to the fuse box inside but did not see a listing for this in the manual. Any advice on this would be appreciated! Thank You.
Noel
1999 F250LD 4X4
prolly would go back to the relays...make sure that they are correct...there should be a couple related to the fuel system...also check the relay to the ECM

Quick Reply: 1999 F250LD 5.4L Auto 4X4; No start, low voltage at Inertia switch