1997 - 2003 F-150

E Fan

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NMillerTime
So i ordered the fan controler from DC about a month ago, and I recieved a purchase email, but nothing else. It should have shipped to me by now, but I don't even have a shippment email. I sent an email into support, but no reply. Any seggustions of what I should do?
Was just browsing some posts regarding controllers from DC.. seems they could take a little while to get out the door. Some have waiting longer than a month so hang in there.

Originally Posted by summerboating
What is the benefits of replacing the mechanical fan with these e-fans?
Less restriction on the rotating assembly. Quicker throttle response and freed up horsepower

Last edited by Toyz; 03-24-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:53 PM
The guy guys at DC still had not replied, so we sent him another email. BTW we had already got charged through paypal for the part. We said that if he doesn't ship our order by the end of the month, we would be making a claim with paypal to refund our money. Within 5 minuts of the email, he refunded the money himself. Seems like pretty bad business practices. SO now I need to buy a new controller. My fans are rated to about 52 amps. Any seggustions?

Old 03-27-2014, 08:26 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The guy guys at DC still had not replied, so we sent him another email. BTW we had already got charged through paypal for the part. We said that if he doesn't ship our order by the end of the month, we would be making a claim with paypal to refund our money. Within 5 minuts of the email, he refunded the money himself. Seems like pretty bad business practices. SO now I need to buy a new controller. My fans are rated to about 52 amps. Any seggustions?
I think you should have just waited.

Anyway - next up - Painless F5.

good luck
MGD

Old 03-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Dakota Digital PAC 2700 had been a solid controller so far. The set up is rated for 60 amps. It does not have a soft start (which would have been nice) but other than that I have zero complaints. You can get it right from DD but I think I bought mine from Summit Racing.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
I think you should have just waited.

Anyway - next up - Painless F5.

good luck
MGD

I ordered the Painless f5 from Summit Racing, and should be here next week. but man that was alot of money!

Old 03-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
About DCC ...

I was a little nervous about ordering, so I did a some searching. I read about guys getting controllers in a week ... I read about guys getting controllers in two months, I read about guys who complained about the delay and got instant refunds, but I never read about anyone getting ripped off.

I know a member here who got a DCC controller and emailed a question about efans and AC at speed. He received a quick, detailed and very useful response ...

When I set up my efan, there weren't as many options for quality controllers as there appears to be now. I wasn't interested in relays slamming on a Mark VIII fan.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Re: DCC controllers

You definitely have to be patient when you order one of Brian's controllers. I called him the first week of March to see how long the wait was going to be, and he said he was 3 weeks out. I ordered FK95 on the 14th of March and didn't hear a peep for 5 or so weeks. I called last Friday and he said he was just boxing everything up and was taking it to the shipper. I should see it tomorrow. I went with his controllers due to all of the great reviews I read about them. On previous vehicles I've had FAL controllers, and other relay setups and all of them died within 18 months. I'm hoping this controller will be set and forget, OEM reliability. I'm using a RF269 dual fan, and I have a '98 scab 2WD Stepside. The only thing that gives me pause is DDC's 90 day warranty. Here's hoping I don't need it.

Quick Reply: E Fan