1997 - 2003 F-150

I'm back! 2001 f150

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014 | 10:52 AM
|
Heres my goodies to start! the bed is solid its got some issues but have all the patch panels comming.

Old 08-25-2014 | 11:43 AM
Truck of the Month
I hope you got that sucker cheap! That's a lot of body work and a full repsray haha.

Old 08-25-2014 | 11:53 AM
|
Lets just say i got a great deal and only have 700 into all those body panels....LOL

Old 08-25-2014 | 11:57 AM
Truck of the Month
You're kidding! That ain't bad at all. Guess you're resourceful and it'll be worth it if you can do the bodywork yourself. Then you'll have brand new paint, and you said the interior was damn near perfect. You gonna spring for a color change?

Old 08-25-2014 | 12:02 PM
|
was thinking about L2 trueblue metallic like the last truck but prob going to stick with the silver maybe add a little pearl and more flake. going to have my handsful with a 6yr old daughter full time job and house to maintain but im motivated. plus this one is going to be driven daily so I dont have a choice but to get it finished cause im not rocking a rust bucket! LOL

Old 08-25-2014 | 12:34 PM
Truck of the Month
I think that's the smart choice. Color changes are a lot more work and money. It'll still look good and you'll be able to tell it's not just stock if she's got some pearl and extra metallic in there.

What are you driving right now?

Old 08-25-2014 | 01:39 PM
|
this is my lease that i have now thats up in a month.

Old 08-25-2014 | 05:22 PM
Truck of the Month
That a Cruze? Those aren't bad little cars! But a month, you've gotta hop to!

Old 08-25-2014 | 07:23 PM
you didn't have to buy a flip handle. I had cut the bracket and tacked the bracket it and it was pretty simple

Old 08-26-2014 | 01:02 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Welcome back, how you been, everything good?

Right there with yuh..almost, you have the lead, -for now anyway lol. Just getting off my **** and ordering Rockers. The beds salvageable, replaced the rear lower panels, still need to do front lowers then they'll be done.Think I'm going to piece in the inside lower doors, - depends how bad they are once I get into it. Need a stock 98 4x4 chrome front bumper, - no of any good salvage yards around ? Gutting the cab, having the seats re-done, new carpet, headliner, etc..

This is going to be fun ehh?

Old 08-26-2014 | 11:03 AM
|
Originally Posted by jbrew
Welcome back, how you been, everything good?

Right there with yuh..almost, you have the lead, -for now anyway lol. Just getting off my **** and ordering Rockers. The beds salvageable, replaced the rear lower panels, still need to do front lowers then they'll be done.Think I'm going to piece in the inside lower doors, - depends how bad they are once I get into it. Need a stock 98 4x4 chrome front bumper, - no of any good salvage yards around ? Gutting the cab, having the seats re-done, new carpet, headliner, etc..

This is going to be fun ehh?

Hey i got a guy that has 2 rust free white front foods 65 bucks each there perfect but in alliance ohio. And i think i found a bumper let me make a phone call Brew got a few contacts ive found in my travels for 10th gen rust free parts. Things have been good getting back on my feet again. Michigan salvage yards are really hard to find good parts and there expensive if you do. A guy on CL in Mt clemens MI has a boat load of rust free parts as well.

Old 08-26-2014 | 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Blue-02-2wd
Hey i got a guy that has 2 rust free white front foods 65 bucks each there perfect but in alliance ohio. And i think i found a bumper let me make a phone call Brew got a few contacts ive found in my travels for 10th gen rust free parts. Things have been good getting back on my feet again. Michigan salvage yards are really hard to find good parts and there expensive if you do. A guy on CL in Mt clemens MI has a boat load of rust free parts as well.

Good and Thanks! Fishing around for new stuff first...the list is long. There's only a select few I know of selling the good steel. Problem is, they know it!

Raybucks and LMC are all I can trust right now. LMC has the stuff Raybucks don't, but yea, they're pricey.

Heading over to http://car-part.com/ to see what they can dig up for me.

BTW, - What do I need foods for ? My hood is alright, unless your talking about a Cervinis.

Old 08-26-2014 | 01:33 PM
|
Originally Posted by jbrew
Good and Thanks! Fishing around for new stuff first...the list is long. There's only a select few I know of selling the good steel. Problem is, they know it!

Raybucks and LMC are all I can trust right now. LMC has the stuff Raybucks don't, but yea, they're pricey.

Heading over to http://car-part.com/ to see what they can dig up for me.

BTW, - What do I need foods for ? My hood is alright, unless your talking about a Cervinis.
haha! i meant doors! damn trying to respond on my phone! LOL

Old 08-27-2014 | 01:36 PM
|
Got her home last night first day driving her today. Exhaust manifold leak is pretty gnarly thinking thats the down stream O2 sensor code. ordered manifolds today and stud kits. Remember doing this last time not so much fun! HAHAHAHA!

Old 08-28-2014 | 04:58 AM
You were trying to type doors Yea, you were off a bit lol.

So what, -you going to stuff that garage full parts first, then do it up ?

You crazy ? Well I guess that could give someone a little more incentive, - if your going to always be tripping over the crap. (;

Truck takes a good picture, -actually looks clean from the outside. You have a good start. I haven't found anything used that was better than I already have. Unlike yours, my interior is trashed, so that's getting gutted as well.

I'm not driving mine tho, - feel for yuh, sucks that you have to. Plus it would look a sort of goofy driving around without any doors , bed and whatever else I cut off.

I got a half *** list goin. Doing the cab first, I'm all set for the dismantle in the shop...slice and dice..

The list, Think I have just about everything on it, I'll order up the highlighted this morning....over the phone-

That's right it's your thread, I'll PM yuh the pics and stuff.

Quick Reply: I'm back! 2001 f150