1997 - 2003 F-150

Hellwig Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015 | 09:32 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by AndersonS
I wouldn't want anyone to think I was buying big hammers to compensate for something... We already drive pickups haha
LOL, I hear you. I have the truck with a winch and a V10 swap, and a Dodge Viper for my daily drivers. Maybe I need to measure my hammer...

Old 01-09-2015 | 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by AndersonS
What driving makes the U bolts rotate on the axle? I considered making longer end links, but the bar seems level enough in picture 5 haha.

Do you think a new front bar is worth it? I was just going to find poly bushings for the front and call it a day.
Hard cornering and articulating. The teeth on the axle brackets that grip the axle held up for a little while but then started slipping allowing them to rotate.
That why I welded mine to stop that. Longer end links will help put the ends of the sway bar parallel to the ground and make it work better and prolong end link bushing life. For me the front sway bar was a huge improvement but upgrading the stock bushings to poly would definitely make it better.

Old 01-09-2015 | 11:07 PM
|
Depending on how much money I have left after school starts, I'll probably buy the Hellwig front bar. I'm still trying to figure out if the chassis brace I want will fit on a 4WD. lol

Old 01-16-2015 | 01:13 PM
|
I can't seem to get in touch with Hellwig... through e-mail or by phone. Anyone know about a workaround?

Quick Reply: Hellwig Sway Bar