1997 - 2003 F-150

Coolant leak at back '01 7700 Bifuel

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016 | 05:02 PM
|
Coolant leak at back '01 7700 Bifuel

Noticed I was losing a little coolant last couple thousand miles then today it dumped it very quickly. I wasn't a block from home so not a huge deal but it is at the back of the engine and IDK which hose it is. I also have a small loose vacuum line that I have no idea where it goes. Please see pics, maybe you guys can guide me. Sorry, these pics suck but the wetness is on both sides passenger and driver near the firewall.
Hard to see but it is wet below firewall.

Old 09-01-2016 | 05:31 PM
|
I think I have figured out the issue. One of the hoses going to the firewall (heater core) has come off. I can reattach it but it does not feel firmly attached. Am I doing something wrong here? It is strangely attached!

This guy was not where he was supposed to be!

Old 09-09-2016 | 03:23 AM
I would replace the heater core hose if it was mine. It uses quick connect fittings kinda like fuel lines. The insert should be available at a parts store if the hose is still good. Or you could cut the end off and use a traditional hose clamp, but it is really tight back there, not much room to work.
Also inspect the nipple on the heater core itself to make sure it isn't damaged.

Quick Reply: Coolant leak at back '01 7700 Bifuel