1997 - 2003 F-150

Problem with AC/Heat fan

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2019 | 05:46 PM
|
Problem with AC/Heat fan

A few weeks ago i started my truck and found that the fan wasn't working and air would only blow out at the lowest speed. (and also not come out at all when on 'max ac' setting) A few days later when i started it it was working again and then randomly stopped again another time.

It's been on and off like that a few times since the problem started, i tried looking online but it seems to be a common problem and i couldn't find anything about this specific case of it starting/stopping.

Old 08-21-2019 | 08:39 PM
It's a 20 year old truck. You probably have blower motor issues

Old 08-21-2019 | 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by altokers
A few weeks ago i started my truck and found that the fan wasn't working and air would only blow out at the lowest speed. (and also not come out at all when on 'max ac' setting) A few days later when i started it it was working again and then randomly stopped again another time.

It's been on and off like that a few times since the problem started, i tried looking online but it seems to be a common problem and i couldn't find anything about this specific case of it starting/stopping.
Please explain the part highlighted in italic and bold. The fan wasn't working at all and air was blowing at low speed? Usually on these trucks and I had the problem on mine is that the blower resistor fails and the fan only works on high speed. I would guess you have a bad blower motor or bad wiring somewhere. Might take some troubleshooting?

Old 08-21-2019 | 08:53 PM
|
Originally Posted by Roadie
Please explain the part highlighted in italic and bold. The fan wasn't working at all and air was blowing at low speed? Usually on these trucks and I had the problem on mine is that the blower resistor fails and the fan only works on high speed. I would guess you have a bad blower motor or bad wiring somewhere. Might take some troubleshooting?
ah sorry, i mean the fan controls aren't working and it will only blow out at the lowest speed.

Old 08-22-2019 | 07:52 PM
fan controls is an entirely different issue....
need to know EXACTLY what trim level, yr...etc truck as there are many differences here.

Old 08-22-2019 | 10:49 PM
|
Originally Posted by Fbird
fan controls is an entirely different issue....
need to know EXACTLY what trim level, yr...etc truck as there are many differences here.
lariat supercab long bed 4wd

Old 08-22-2019 | 11:25 PM
glc
What YEAR and what type of climate control - manual or electronic?

Old 08-22-2019 | 11:54 PM
|
its a 2001, and manual control.

Quick Reply: Problem with AC/Heat fan