2004 - 2008 F-150

Rhino or Line-X

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks BrewMaster!
I, as well as many others I am sure, appreciate your efforts and look forward to your seeing your results!

Old 09-24-2003, 01:30 AM
Had to jump in here
Im a Armorthane dealer in Fl and My system is low presure.
ALL polyurethanes WILL run if the gun is not moved at an adiquet speed.It would be just like holding a spray bomb in one area for more then 3 seconds.....its gona sag.Armorthane sets up in 15 seconds or less depending on humidity.I spray 4 even coats on all panels on a truck bed which comes out to a 1/4" or better.It is a two part sytem resin/catylist.When the 2 react the temp is aprox...300 degrees and will make for a nice bond.All Armorthane dealers scuff all beds befor spraying them.Theres alot of "other" companys out there that don`t require this.I have fixed other liners due to this.I will put my stuff against ANYTHING out there.I too shopped around befor I bought.I wasn`t shopping around to spray a truck.....I was shopping around to invest my money in something that would make me money.I shopped around for almost a year befor finaly considering Armorthane.I visted dealers,checked out there products and came to the conclusion that I was gona spray Armorthane.
If You wwould like to check it out, email me your snail mail and i`ll send you out a buisness card with Armorthane sprayed on the back.You can see for yourself.

ARMORTHANE

Old 09-24-2003, 11:28 AM
Thumbs up Bed prep -- before drop-in

Scott,
I had a rhino on my 99, and it did everything as advertised. Ford bought my 99 back because of a rough idle; got a new 2002 with a free drop-in. I tried to sell the drop in with no success short of giving it away. I said "what the heck -- I'll try it" .I haul firewood and do lots of landscaping projects around the house. After using the drop-in a few months I converted back because of the ease of things moving around. So it's all in how well, or not so well, YOU WANT things to slide in your bed. Trust me, with a rhino they stay put. Only bad thing is that after two and a half years my gray (to match the bed rails) rhino did fade some.

Now-- what I did do before I put the drop in the 2002. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a couple rolls of their "camper -mounting foam. I then cut it in 1-2 inch pieces and stuck it all over the CLEAN bed wherever I thought the shell would put pressure against the metal. There was probably 200 or so tabs of this stuff when I was done- I put it up the sides of the bed and on top of the wheel wells. Looked stupid before I covered it up and wife thought I was nuts! Every other cleaning or so I lift the back lip of the liner up a foot or so and flush it out with a hose nozzle

Last edited by Markmizzou; 09-24-2003 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Stratman, Toff would not send me samples. I told them what I am doing and where I am and since they don't sell in my area (no dealers in the entire state of CA!!) they said no. Oh well.

However, I did email stihl99 to get some ArmorThane samples. They have a dealer very close to me, so I would rather consider them in my comparison anyway.

Old 09-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Thanks anyway! The way I see it, if they are afraid to send samples for testing, I wouldn't trust them anyway. I also read last night on another forum that after about 3 years, the black rubber of the Toff liner would rub off onto clothes etc. exactly like rubber window molding does on an older car. Once again thanks for all you are doing Brewmaster!

BTW....My Line-X is being applied right now!!!

Old 09-29-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by purty_2004
what's Line-X cost? just curious cuz i want it.
F7, I use a plastic liner in mine, and same concern, although armorthane(sp) does mention their liner holds up to sleds. One thing you could do is in the winter cut out a piece of plywood and throw it there.

Old 10-08-2003, 05:34 PM
Brewmaster,
I got your samples out in the mail today.I appologize for being late.I have been having some major family problems.I have realy been slacking....very very sorry to hold you up in your testings.

Anyhow the tracking number is 0303 1290 0000 7367 5022

I sent you 5 pieces 6"x6" 1/4" thick

Take care,
Jay

Old 10-08-2003, 05:49 PM
it's all good Jay. I haven't received Line-X's samples yet either. and don't worry about my testing, your family is more important than any bedliner. peace be with you.

Old 10-25-2003, 08:13 PM
Brewmaster did you ever complete the tests on line x

Old 10-25-2003, 08:26 PM
I had the Vortex liner sprayed in -- it is super -- not hard enough to crack/chip, but not so soft if grabs and peels.

Great investment!

My Bed Liner

Old 10-25-2003, 09:21 PM
Line-X won. My truck is now sporting this spray in bed liner. Only time will tell if I made the right choice. Now on to the question of a bed cover.....Which one am I going to pick.......

Old 10-26-2003, 12:52 PM
still waiting on the Line-X samples here...

i have concluded that Line-X is better than Rhino and Armorthane. And I put my money where my mouth is and had my truck sprayed by Line-X last weekend. it is fantastic. But I do want the test data to publish since I am a scientist and my tests are incomplete now without the Line-X samples. I will let you guys know. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about this.

Old 10-29-2003, 01:56 PM
Two things:

1. I did not receive my samples of Line-X yet from them. For those of you who requested and received them, about how long did it take for you to get them?

2. Someone mentioned in another thread, that the '04 F-150 was specifically designed so that the open bed would not cause wind resistance. Is this true? And if so, that would mean that a bed cover would not improve mileage, correct? The only reason I am considering a bed cover is for mileage. But I really don't want one.

Old 10-29-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Guigster
Two things:

1. I did not receive my samples of Line-X yet from them. For those of you who requested and received them, about how long did it take for you to get them?
Line-x has the WORST customer service. It took them 4 weeks and 3 phone calls for them to send me my sample. And when I got it, the envelope had a different name and the street was spelled COMPLETELY wrong. I'm surprised the mailman knew where to take it. I even spelled it out for her MULTIPLE times like I was teaching a 4 year old. I wasn't impressed at all. I would call back if I were you and say that Rhino sent you samples but you STILL haven't gotten anything from Line-x.

Old 11-04-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by BigJim
And when I got it, the envelope had a different name and the street was spelled COMPLETELY wrong. I'm surprised the mailman knew where to take it. I even spelled it out for her MULTIPLE times like I was teaching a 4 year old.
Funny you would say this. I finally got my sample in the mail yesterday. And I too spelled out my name to the CS Rep on the phone. The spellings are below.

What I spelled: McGuigan
What was on my envelope: McQuigari

These don't even sound the same. I've never even had it spelled this way even by accident.

But I got my sample and my truck should be here this week. I'm just all fidgety waiting for the "It's here" call.

Quick Reply: Rhino or Line-X