2004 - 2008 F-150

My fuel mileage so far 5.4L

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by JOSEFreddy
I think the Electronic Trottle Control is preventing this form happening. Kinda like that Lexus LS 430 that when you floor it, the computer it has won't let burnout the tires. But that's just me.
What he said. Plus, you're forgetting that IT'S A TRUCK. The weight alone will more than likely forget that from happening. Now stick 300hp in a car and that's a different story, but a truck? If you get it to work I'd like to see some pics but I think you're just going to do more damage than get anything from it.

Old 09-03-2003, 09:51 AM
You've also got to consider the tires you're trying to roast. Tall, wide tires are going to be grippy, that's what they're intended to do, so don't be surprised when they are...

Old 09-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by freddy40
scooterjohn,

I am in my right mind, and I am going to smoke the tires on my new ride. At least enough to see if it will do it.

The idea is not to trash a new expensive truck, but you can't sleep @ night not knowing what 300hp will do. Can Ya?????

JMO

Have A Fantastic Dry Day. I live in Indy and we have had ENOUGH rain...heheheheh

freddy

Well, if it's a computer thing...I'm sure the aftermarket will provide a chip soon enough. Tall, grippy tires yes, but light weight (relatively) over the rear axle empty.

Old 09-03-2003, 01:13 PM
I can believe that the tires will not spin. I test drove an Infinity with the 340hp engine. I punched it on a right turn and the tires didn't get loose. The car sure shot out like a bat outta hell. It's the automatic traction control that prevents the wheels spin.

The Audi quattro did the same thing. Really good take off, but no wheelspin.

Old 09-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Not only that but it's more difficult to spin the tires (a burnout) on ANYTHING automatic because of the traction control and all of those systems. You pretty much do need a manual.

Old 09-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by d2alio
Not only that but it's more difficult to spin the tires (a burnout) on ANYTHING automatic because of the traction control and all of those systems. You pretty much do need a manual.

That's why the 'vette and the SSCamero (I believe) had a button to turn off traction control...this allowed burnouts.

Old 09-04-2003, 02:00 AM
I drove an FX4 supercab in Katy TX today and I did not really try to burn tire but I thought it needed more pep taking off, is like if something was to be coming at you and need to move out of the way quick, it does not happen. The truck does not need to burn tire but it needs to be quicker/responsive. I floored it a few times after it rolled from stop and it's slow but it really comes strong at higher rpm. Is like there is too big of a time delay from gas pedal sensing/communication so maybe after market chips will really show the 300 creatures. I feel my 2003 supercrew is more responsive to the gas pedal and quicker taking off, (stock).

Old 09-04-2003, 06:18 PM
I'm gettting around 14 MPG too....hope this gets better.....also just realized that I have the 35.7 gallon tank. $60 to fill it.

Quick Reply: My fuel mileage so far 5.4L