2004 - 2008 F-150

Seat belt buzzer/bell

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003 | 11:47 AM
|
Seat belt buzzer/bell

Has anyone figured out how to unhook that damn seat belt buzzer/bell. It is truely a pain in the ear. I'm in and out of a truck and currently in Indiana we don't have to wear seatbelts in a truck.

Old 09-10-2003 | 11:51 AM
There should be instructions in your owner's manual, to disable it.

Old 09-10-2003 | 11:55 AM
As wingn8ive stated there is instructions in the owners manual on how to disable the buzzer...

Old 09-10-2003 | 12:07 PM
Seat belts save lives.

Old 09-10-2003 | 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Guigster
Seat belts save lives.
i agree 100%, but that buzzer kills people! i had to ask the salesman with me on the test drive to put on his seatbelt because the buzzer was so freakin annoying.

Old 09-10-2003 | 01:18 PM
are the 04's the same as my 02, when it starts to buzz can you just push in on the red button on the seat belt clip and it will stay off. thats what mine does anyway, i can still see how it would be annoying, but i try to wear mine most of the time and it reminds me when i dont

JT

Old 09-10-2003 | 02:42 PM
Easiest and cheapest way to stop the noise is buckle up. Takes only 3 seconds and may save your life someday..

NEWLY

Old 09-10-2003 | 03:23 PM
APT
I buckle up every time I hit the street. However, there are many times when I still hear my "Beltminder." Times when I am in my own yard, moving the truck within my driveway, moving the truck in a campsite, backing up a trailer, etc, even just starting the truck and waiting a couple minutes while fumbling for CD's before I put my belt on and leave. About once a week on average do I start the truck and get that pleasent tone, and it is my wife's daily driver.

That being said, there are instructions in my 03 owner's manual and there should be some in yours as well. Push down on the seatbelt release to stop it for that key cycle, and more complicated procedure to stop it forever.

Old 09-10-2003 | 04:35 PM
JT2002HD:

Nope, you have to buckle up. It wont go off if you just press the button. Now, even if the passenger isnt buckled, the beltminder will go off.
I also agree with APT. When Im driving on dirt roads, hunting, camping etc., I dont like to be buckled.

Old 09-10-2003 | 05:18 PM
I buckle up EVERYTIME. Not only have I learned from past racing experience (on the track, modified and some pro-stock) that it will protect you in a roll over, also in minor 35mph traffic accidents. ANYONE that rides in my truck either buckles or walks.

Now, if you’re just moving your truck around, hunting, camping etc and don’t like the buzzer all you have to do is “after” the vehicle is started is buckling your seatbelt and then take it back off. Once it has been buckled the buzzer is deactivated until the vehicle is shut off and restarted. It does not know you are “unbuckled” once it has been buckled once and then taken off.

Old 09-10-2003 | 10:13 PM
Guigster,
Seat belts may in some cases save lives. Children should continue wearing them. However in a country that was founded based on personal freedom, insured adults should be able to make the choice to pull that strap down or not too, and assume any risks involved. If you want to wear them all the time, thats fine. But why does the government have to force me too with laws and threats of fines? The truth is, I almost always do wear it. But because its MY choice.
And by-the-way, the reason most states have seltbelt laws is because if they didn't the amount of federal road money would decrease. So in the end, its mostly about money, as is much of our society.

Last edited by therealist; 09-10-2003 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-10-2003 | 11:24 PM
I think wering them will prevent some injuries but don't think we need laws to make us wear them. I ALWAYS wear mine. What we need is education not laws. IMHO..

Old 09-11-2003 | 01:24 AM
Originally posted by therealist
And by-the-way, the reason most states have seltbelt laws is because if they didn't the amount of federal road money would decrease. So in the end, its mostly about money, as is much of our society.
If they don't get that federally subsidized money, where do you think they will get it from? Yea, us taxpayers.

We live in a world of statistics. If you revoke a mandatory seat belt law, then more people will become injured or killed. Insurance rates will increase (which affects us directly). Governments will also have to increase their annual budgets to compensate for the added costs incurred. These costs include paying for cleanup of the wrecks and increase in litigation that will further burden the court system with lawsuits. Remember, if wreck results in a death, it becomes a crime scene. That means added time to investigate. It also means lost revenue to the local economy due to lost time and delays. So indirectly, you pay more via state taxes.

So yes, it is all about money. Besides, if you stand against being "forced" to wear your seatbelt, then you might as well eliminate speed limits, disengage your airbags and other passive safety systems which are now mandated by the federal government. But really, it's a minor nuissance when you view the entire picture.

And by allowing you to disengage the seatbelt alert system, you acknowledge the fact that wearing a seat belt saves lives. This system is designed to get those who do not regularly wear their seatbelts to start doing so.

That's my 2 cents. Take it how you want to.

Old 09-11-2003 | 01:31 AM
Lightbulb Seat belt buzzer

Hello Carpenter,
I always wear my seatbelt when driving, but I admit, listening to that bell dinging is a pain when I am just moving the truck around
to wash it or work on it otherwise. I know you can stop it for one start cycle by inserting the belt and then unbuckling. However when I talked to my salesman, he just gave me a couple of seat belt extenders that are available at no charge from the dealer. It is just a short belt, appx: 10 in. long with a buckle on one end and a buckle receiver with release button on the other end. You can just stick it in the receiver on your truck and drive all you want unbuckled. I don't advise it for normal driving, because I welcome the buzzer to remind me when I forget to buckle up. Just letting you know they are available. They were for my wifes Windstar, but should work on most Fords.

Old 09-11-2003 | 06:52 AM
|
Thanks folks,
After reading the owners manual and trying the complicated steps, I was successful in de-activating the buzzer/ bell. It takes a few times to go through all the steps and you have to do it for all seating positions. The truck is great, can't beleive the ride..

Quick Reply: Seat belt buzzer/bell