2004 - 2008 F-150

'04 video options!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 video options!?

I'm about to buy an fx4 next week and am wondering if anyone has any ideas about how/where to place an lcd monitor up front for GPS / video. Before seeing the interior up close I was leaning towards an In-dash motorized flip-out cd/dvd monitor, but now I cringe at the thought of someone pulling out the flushed 6-disk head unit ford is providing in the '04 models. If any body has done it already or has another monitor idea........let me know!!

Old 09-17-2003, 12:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if you cringe at having the head unit pulled out......you might cringe even more at having a screen mounted elsewhere with screws and the like. As an installer of such items I can say with certainty that Metra..a company that specializes in install kits will come out with a kit to mount an aftermarket unit in the stock radio location. I do not know of one to date but then again, I haven´t tried to order any. I would recommend putting an in dash unit with a motorized screen. It is more compact and maintains the rest of the interior in a stock condition and you can take it out and replace it with the factory unit should you ever decide to trade for the newest and best thing years down the road(i.e. next body style change of F-150). Plus, there is only one GPS unit I know of that doesn´t need an aftermarket deck to control it and it is around $1200 and sits on top of the dash. So you would almost HAVE TO CHANGE the stock unit for GPS.

Quick Reply: '04 video options!?