2004 - 2008 F-150

Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003 | 07:18 PM
No worries. I thought that was the case. But wouldn't it be nice if they could(would) put it all in one unit? Less installation hassle. Thanks for the input.

Old 10-24-2003 | 07:22 PM
that would be nice, im sure in a year or 2 someone will come out with it..for now I just want my new truck..its on its way

Old 11-01-2003 | 04:26 PM
JUST IN FROM DEALER
Siruis will become an option beggining sometime early next year!!!
So, if you can hold on that long, it would look better than modifing your stereo. (FOR AUDIOPHILE ONLY) Yes, he also said that the current audiophiles will be adaptable.

Old 11-03-2003 | 02:34 PM
Originally posted by texfx4
sddriver,

Three questions -

What model is your Alpine? Where did you put your XM tuner? Have you replaced the speakers, yet (what did you go with)?

I know, I snuck in a fourth question.
I went whit the alpine model #CDA9813 which is an awesome head unit in my opinion. The reason I chose this one was because of the wide range of formats supported. I can fit up to 20 CD's on one CD-RW in the WMA format and the quality is really good still. I haven't installed the XM portion because I'm waiting for the new XM receivers to come out that have been mandated by the FCC to be sirius and XM compatible as it will drop the price of ALPINES XM receiver dramatically.

I also left the stock speakers in for now because they sounded much much better after replacing the stock stereo and I was short on funds after buying the truck and making a few mods.

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.js...rk_3&oid=69695

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio