2004 - 2008 F-150

Xpel Paint Protection

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003 | 05:37 PM
I won't need the grill kit as they don't cover chrome (or fake/decal chrome in the case of the grill). I was also kind of surprised that they don't offer a lower bumper kit since in my mind, that is at least as venerable to nicks, chips, etc. as the upper grill is........

Mine is a Lariat and it has the chrome bumper. My guy just cut a piece for it. It will help the chrome too.

Old 10-23-2003 | 05:49 PM
Green-I didn't realize that some Lariat Screws had chrome bumpers but after looking closer at your pics and others I can see I was wrong. Does it come that way if you don't order the secondary (AZ Beige) trim color? Anyway, the guy just called back and said that they just came out with a lower bumper kit, but they wouldn't be out until at least the end of next week. Instead of waiting, I'm going to have him go ahead and cut the piece to fit as he ASSURED me that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The only difference is that it's more work for him. Oh well. Did you notice my question a few replies back about your billet grill?

Old 10-23-2003 | 07:01 PM
Re: Billet Grill

Originally posted by WedgewoodScrew
Green21- I realize I'm changing the subject here, but what is the make of your billet grill? Also, it that the original honeycomb plastic grill that I can kind of see behind it? I know on my old one I had to cut out the honeycomb to put it (it was a Stull) to install the billet and it was a moderate pain in the a$$. If this just fits in over the existing, it would seemingly make it a whole lot easier.
Wedgewood,

Sorry I missed it. I think it's a T-Rex Overlay. I ordered a different kind though. I don't like this one so much. The other one I ordered is also a T-rex, it's from Stillen, but it fits right inside. You remove the old one. I didn't realize they had to cut the billet otherwise I wouldn't have had it done. At least they painted the honeycomb black. I went down to my dealer and saw one with the grill put on and it wasn't even painted. it looked horrible with the honeycomb behind it. I will be selling this one soon if you want to buy it.....

As for the trucks coming that way with the secondary trim, I'm not entirely sure. Seems like I saw one with the bottom bumper color coded to the truck.

Last edited by green21; 10-23-2003 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-23-2003 | 10:45 PM
shoulda been salesmen!

Ok....I'm planning on getting this stuff now...however, Invinca has the lower bumper covering (got two tone so i need it) but they don't have any local installers. Where can I find the Headlight and fog lights for the 04?...I want to cover the upper and lower bumpers the fog and head lights (complete wrap to the side) and maybe (?) a small portion of the hood.

I'm gonna call the one local xpel installer tomorrow...We'll see what happens...I'll keep ya posted!

Last edited by geo036; 10-23-2003 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-24-2003 | 12:07 AM
Re: shoulda been salesmen!

Originally posted by geo036
Ok....I'm planning on getting this stuff now...however, Invinca has the lower bumper covering (got two tone so i need it) but they don't have any local installers. Where can I find the Headlight and fog lights for the 04?...I want to cover the upper and lower bumpers the fog and head lights (complete wrap to the side) and maybe (?) a small portion of the hood.

I'm gonna call the one local xpel installer tomorrow...We'll see what happens...I'll keep ya posted!
lol...It is a very good product. I love it. I would call the local xpel installer and they can help you. good luck and can't wait to hear about it....

Old 10-24-2003 | 07:52 AM
APT
A local installer should be able to custom cut pieces for your headlights or wherever you want.

Quick Reply: Xpel Paint Protection