2004 - 2008 F-150

Damned!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 08:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dloreanwiz
Not for me. A truck could have all the practicality possible but if it has no power(I'm looking for low-end torque which both ford and nissan have but dodge,chevy,and toyota don't).......no sale.
I agree on your choice of trucks, but I ain't talking about numbers. I am saying that it doesn't matter what the numbers are, who cares what truck says it has more power, if people in the real world don't see the power, then it doesn't matter, that's what I meant. The Nissan says it has more torque, but I personally don't think it can pull a greasy string out of a cat's ***. I'm saying that you don't buy a truck according to what it SAYS, you buy a truck according to what it DOES.

Old 12-24-2003, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Pickup Man
The Nissan says it has more torque, but I personally don't think it can pull a greasy string out of a cat's ***. I'm saying that you don't buy a truck according to what it SAYS, you buy a truck according to what it DOES.
All I can say here is "You are the man, Pickup Man" no way I could have said it better...

Clark

It doesn’t matter where you start from, it’s where you finish..
My True Blue Screw FX4
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=3236

Old 12-25-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Pickup Man
I personally don't think it can pull a greasy string out of a cat's ***.
You made me laugh. Since it sounds like you have some expertise in this area, how much torque does it require? Happy Holidays.

Old 12-25-2003, 09:35 AM
Well, since you put it like that and I re-read that quote, it made me laugh, too. I'm not sure what the exact torque rating must be, but I'm sure it's a bit. Happy holidays to all y'all, too!:santa:

Old 12-25-2003, 07:50 PM
Well, I laughed too. Seems that there are lots of folks out there that cannot conceive of a Jap truck with equal torque and towing capacity to the domestics and if you believe the mags testing - it is better. I think we have plenty of people that will need to learn that the Japs are indeed coming and in terms of the Titan, they are here. That is why we need to discuss this new threat to our beloved Fords.

I fully believe that Ford is well aware of the new Titan and to their credit, has been for a long time - it is no coincidence that the new Titan and new F-150 are literally equal on paper in just about every measure. The Ford is heavy, so is the Nissan.

Frankly, I think Nissan will cut into GM sales more than Ford and who knows why people buy the Dodge although it is popular and a big improvement over previous models. Maybe that is why the Nissan looks a lot more like an Avalanche than an F-150. They are after marketshare, have spent a bundle on a big gamble with this truck and Nissan may very well know the customer they are trying to grab. I suspect their initial build quality, overall reliability and of course the warranty too - will be miles ahead of anything GM throws out to the public lately. And, the Nissan actually looks a tad better than the new GM truck products which I think are still hideous - usually, I can get used to a new design. From my perspective, I want to love the new F-150 - waiting to see if Ford actually got this new design off the ground and if it will be reliable. Seems that it has been a pretty good launch so far.

Old 12-26-2003, 03:07 AM
Well, if it's marketshares that they are after, then they better not take too many cues from the Avalanche. I'm not saying that the Titan won't be a competitor and I'm not saying that it won't sell, I'm just saying that it's not going to dethrone Ford as the King of trucks. Especially in it's first year. One thing we can agree on, people trust the fact that Ford can build a well-made truck, because if there is anything that Ford knows how to do, it's build trucks. Best-selling, industry-leading, outperforming-all-the-rest trucks. How much experience does Nissan have with full-size trucks? Well, I think that is fairly evident. Full-size trucks are way different from cars or even mid-size trucks, and you can't base the performance of a certain company's full-size trucks on the way their other vehicles perform. It remains to be seen whether or not the Nissan is going to be worth a damn, but you can go ahead and count that the Ford will be, I don't think they would just screw it all up on year 28 of being the best.

Old 12-29-2003, 06:32 PM
The new Titan truck does have a really nice bed cargo tie-down system.

Wish Ford had done that.

Old 01-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Bighersh Alter-Ego
I love Ford's too, but there is a lot of Ford-to-Ford fellatio going on here.

Why is it so bad to have a different opinion?

Old 01-06-2004, 02:14 PM
I love the tie downs in my Ford. Much better than the ones on my '97 Nissan. What is a tie down "system". Can you describe it please? I've seen a rickity looking contraption on the beds of some Titans at the dealer that I took to be some kind of bed cover thing. Maybe that was it.

Old 01-06-2004, 02:16 PM
You wanna see how this will go? Look at the Ranger vs. the Frontier.

Nissan V6 (although stating higher HP than Ford) is a much weaker truck in reality... and I see a lot more Rangers on the Road.

Old 01-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by cia-agent
I love Ford's too, but there is a lot of Ford-to-Ford fellatio going on here.

Why is it so bad to have a different opinion?
Well, if you look in the top left corner of the screen, it says that this is www.f150online.com, the community for late model Ford trucks. If you don't want Ford bias, don't come to the Ford Enthusiasts message board. Of course we're going to like Ford, we're not `PC` when it comes to other trucks, they can get their own message board if they want to talk about how great the competition is. Not trying to flame you, just answering your question.

Old 01-08-2004, 03:24 PM
This is gettin a little silly

I am a brand new member and this is my first post. First off, I have a new 04 FX4 Supercab in Blazing Yellow and I love the truck and I traded a 2000 Cheverolet Silverado Z71 to get it. I have been around pickups all of my 48 years and it is my belief that all of the 1/2 ton trucks being sold by the five manufacturrers are excellent and well made trucks. Some are better at doing certain things than others. I agree this is a Ford forum and we all are probably here because we like our Ford trucks and there is nothing wrong with that but we have to acknowledge that the other guys out there are making some fine products too. I sold Nissans for 2 years and I can assure you that the Nissan wil be a quality made and reliable product that is definitely a serious competitor to the Ford. I did not buy it because I do not like the styling of the truck and that is stictly my opinion as there are other people out there who love the way it looks. These are my reasons for buying the Ford over the other trucks.
1. It is yellow.
2. It has great low down torque compared to the Chevy I replaced. (5.3 V-8)
3. The interior is one of the best I have ever seen in any vehicle, let alone a truck.
4. It is quiet
5. It rides nice.
6. Did I mention it was Yellow.
The bottom line is that I love the truck and enjoy it immensely but when it comes time to replace it I will look at all of the trucks out there and not just say I have to have a Ford, Chevy, etc.

04 SCAB FX4
Blazing Yellow/anthracite gray
Black leather Captains Chairs
18" wheels and tires
3.73 rear end
sliding rear window
Trailer tow pkg
power driver seat

r

Old 01-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Bighersh
I think it (Eddie Bauer) is a lame name too; but so is "Lariat".

EB isn't some old name pulled out of a hat. Eddie Bauer is a retailer of adventure clothing. The intent is that those who know whom Eddie Bauer is and shop at those stores will opt for that trim package as being reflective of their lifestyle. Just like the K2 VW Jetta/Golf (for the snowboarders) and the NorthFace Chev Blazers.

It is a name licensing deal in the same vein as King Ranch and Harley-Davidson and of course Shelby.

Old 01-09-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Jackslapp
I have a pair of EDDIE BAUER underwear and there is a small tag attached stating made in Bangladesh.
Originally posted by Jackslapp
go buy your TITANIC.... Of course the EDDIE BAUER edition isn't out yet, they're still negotiating a deal with China for eel skin pleather seats.
Man, I didn't see that you'd slipped in another jab Jack ****. I guess that's to be expected from a guy who wears leather Eddie Bauer underwear. Did you get the matching bra?

Old 01-09-2004, 05:55 AM
What is with you Little Hersh, You always seem to trying to cause trouble on this site. You seem to be getting worse lately and your tone is more offensive than ever. For Christ sakes man, no one wants to here about your sick fetish thoughts. Leave now!!!!

Last edited by carpenter; 01-09-2004 at 06:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Damned!