2004 - 2008 F-150

Remove back seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The carver amp is pretty small, it's just 80 watts bridged (for bazooka tube sub) probably 2 inches thick and 10x10" max. The headunit is a Pioneer DEH-P7600MP. About $230 on e-bay. Nice deck, but I'm selling it in favor of the DEH-P860MP sometime this summer (not liking the low voltage preamp outputs).

In the meantime, I installed a used JBL GTQ-360 amp (2"x10"x14") to the right of the Carver install. Can't really put anything to the left due to the seatbelt support. I didn't take any pics yet, cuz the JBL has a bad channel (e-bay victim) so I went to Walmart and bought a crap Sony Xplode four channel until my Phoenix Gold Tantrum 400.4 comes in (I don't want to document any Sony products in this truck!!!).

As for how much room there is, and the ventilation.....don't know. The seat went on easily, and I haven't smelled anything smokin' yet. On the other hand, I typically don't play high volume for more than a song or two at a time. I suppose it gives the amp a little time to recover. The amps nowadays, MOSFET and overtemp protected, don't really concern me too much.

Old 04-15-2004, 10:00 AM
Thanks thorin. Also, did you have to cut throught that black stuff on the cab wall? Other than putting screws through the cab wall, do you think there is anyother way to mount the board. I guess I know what I will do this weekend...

Old 04-15-2004, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I took the black padding out all the way for now. I'm between amps, so will put it back after I get my new one in. I felt really uneasy about the holes in the back wall too. On second look, I'm not sure if the lower ones actually go outside or not. Either way, I caulked them with Silicone and put a longer board in that goes from a standoff bracket at the lower left side (not left of truck, left as you're facing the back of the cab) to overlap and bolt onto the seatbelt upright bracket. The top of this board I notched on the right side, so it's screwed in along the upper edge into the inner cab wall. This puts a little twist in on the right end of the board, but doesn't matter. If anybody cares that much, I can post pics next weekend when I get it all apart again.

It should be noted that without the black padding behind the seat, the road noise is noticably louder.....not obnoxious, but more like a regular truck might sound (as opposed to the Spectacular 2004 F150 Scab!!!!!). It will be nice to get that put back in.

Old 04-16-2004, 10:35 AM
Please put the pics up when you get a chance. I really want to see the process.
THanks

Old 04-17-2004, 07:29 PM
I'm working on trying to remove that back seat via thorin's instructions, but can't seem to get at those retaining clips because of limited room with the seat bottom in place. The pictures appear to have the bottom removed, how does it come out? I removed the pivot screw but the seat seems to be stuck in place.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm trying to get my Wet Okole covers on the back seats and can't do it with them in place.

Dirk

Old 04-19-2004, 06:09 PM
thorin, where did you go through the firewall for the juice? Driver side or passenger? I can't find a hole to put it through... . I would rather route the juice on the passenger side, where the battery is.

Thanks again

Old 04-19-2004, 06:42 PM
There is a gromett between the fuse box and the fender on the pass side. You can see it by getting on the ground and looking up in that area.

Old 04-19-2004, 08:47 PM
Steve, is it the two pieece grommet or the one with wires running through it from the fuse box? My fish tape seems to be getting caught up on something every route I try.

Old 04-19-2004, 09:02 PM
OK, I had to go take a look. To see it, you have to remove the whell well liner. I forgot about that part, been a few months. I ran 1/0 so went with drilling a new hole that gave me a straighter shot into the cab. I sealed it with a rubber gromet and a dab of silicone around the grommet. You should be able to get at least 4 awg through the stock grommet. If your hanging up on something, don't pull to hard. You might want to try something thinner than the tape your using. The grommet i am reffering to is all by itself with nothing running through it. My truck is an FX4 if that makes a difference.

Old 04-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Thumbs up Wet Okole Seat Covers - 2004 F-150 Supercab

Wet Okole are great covers. However, they do not come with good instructions for parts of the installation. When installing the rear seat covers, you need to remove the rear seat back. It is REAL simple...almost too simple. I called my local dealerships and spoke with Parts, Service, and Body..and nobody knew how to remove the rear seat back...scary..but, I trust them otherwise. Now, for the installation...( I am borrowing parts from earlier post..and adding a couple insights to help ):

1. Remove the shoulder belt housing on the top of the seat and let it hang in front of the seat. Lift the center piece from the top and remove the 2 nuts holding it down.

2. Detach the mini buckle. Turn the mini buckle over, there is a small hole. Use a safety pin and push on pin and pull out buckle.

3. There are 2 plastic clips holding the bottom of the seat back in place..go here for pics:
https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=5753
If you look down behind the seat from the top, you will see some black, ribbed metal pieces maybe 2in wide. These are hooks that hold the top of the seat back against the chassis.

4. Grab hold of one side about even with head rest at bottom and "jolt/lift" the rear seat. It may take a couple times and don't be afraid to jolt it. Then, go to the other side and repeat.

5. Now that the seat is off, you should see the black, plastic clips now near where it was attached and then see the areas along the top of the chassis where those black, ribbed hooks are seated and hold the back to the chassis.

6. Put your cover on.

7. You are going to have to use a bit of muscle again to put the seat back. To do this, place the black, ribbed hooks in place so they will fall into the openings when you push down on the seat. Be sure the bar on the bottom of the seat is lined up properly with the black, plastic cligs. Push down firmly one side at a time.

This is really the easiest way to do this job and you don't need to remove any plastic moldings or use any tools...it is easy. The instructions on the following url, if used by the dealerships, just prove to me, that they purposely turn a 10 min. job into 2 hours....:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...r+seat+removal

By the way, I love wet okole seat covers. Had them on a 02 FX4 Ranger SC....now have them on my 04 FX4 F150 SC...they are custom, not cheap, but look great, last...and are comfortable!!!

Good Luck!!

Quick Reply: Remove back seat