2004 - 2008 F-150

Snuglid SL worth the $$$$ ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snuglid SL worth the $$$$ ????

I think I finally have reached the decision to put a Snuglid SL on my new Screw. They are somewhat more $$$ than most, but after looking at many, some really fall below par. I don't want to offend anyone out there who has purchased other lids, I just like the look, fit and finish on the Snuglid. I would appreciate other Snuglid SL owners giving me their 2 cents, especially when it comes to the price (is it worth it). If anyone has some some driving reasons that I should reconsider, I'd like to hear that as well.

Thanks

Old 03-31-2004, 05:11 PM
I am also in the hunt for a cover, went to my dealer today and he gave me a price for bolth the leer 700 and the suglid SL.

these were his prices.

Leer 700 series $980 out the door installed and all

snuglid SL $1180 out the door also installed.

some input on prices would be great...

Old 03-31-2004, 05:13 PM
Blackscrew

My dealer for the SL was $1067.00 installed

$995 for the lid with 7.25% tax

Old 03-31-2004, 06:13 PM
Black_Screw

Don't go through the dealer for your cover. My dealer was offering a cover for almost twice as much as I found on my own. I ultimately decided on ARE LSII. It is ordered and there is a coupon for free remote locks upgrade on their website. $980 installed.

SnugLid is also a very nice lid and I think it is probably one of the most expensive out there for hard tonneaus. I like the looks of that one, too. ARE is also one of the top of the line models and offers lifetiime warranty for as long as you own the truck for paint and parts. Nationwide.

Just do the research and you will find better deals than what your dealer is offering.

Old 03-31-2004, 06:51 PM
If you have decided on a flat over-the-rail hard tonneau, The SL is the finest available, no question. The fit, finish, features, mechanics, and quality is simply the best.

Earlier, I decided to go with an A.R.E. LSII because of it's lower price and the dealer was a family friend (although I preferred a flat lid to match the 'chopped' look of the '04). When the A.R.E. was installed, I had no choice but to reject it due to faulty paint (an understatement), poor fit (the 'horns' rubbed the bed when opened) and I suspected the design would allow leaking at the front corners. I ordered an SL @ $1060 less their website $20 coupon and have never looked back...complete satisfaction. Other threads here (type Snuglid in search) will confirm. The ONLY negative with the SL is that it's always locked (thus the emergency release inside)...a slight inconvenience at times. I didn't want to spend the additional $200 for the remote opener.

See my gallery at:
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/....cfm?gnum=3886

Old 03-31-2004, 09:36 PM
NJR
Got my Snuglid SL for $995 plus tax. Love the low profile, and quailty of product. NJR

Old 04-01-2004, 07:41 AM
I still love my Advance Cover. Sturdy (aluminum), folds up or removes easily for more space and not one drip of water in my bed so far. Looks to be a great product as far as I'm concerned. Total cost with shipping was around $600. Installed myself in under 1 hour. Locakable too. Key lock in the front and key lock in the back...open just the front or just the back, whatever you want.
I didn't mean to highjack your thread with info on a cover other than what you're looking for, but I thought just in case you haven't seen one of these, it's worth considering. I rarely hear anyone mention this cover...it's like a 'best kept secret' kind of thing. I love it.

Last edited by lariatf150; 04-01-2004 at 07:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Snuglid SL worth the $$$$ ????