2004 - 2008 F-150

Worst Puchase Ever 2004 Ford F150

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004 | 12:59 PM
|
Unhappy Worst Puchase Ever 2004 Ford F150

Made a decision last winter to buy a Ford again, but I have regretted this since the first week I owned it.

Do yourself a favor and read this before buying one, or letting a friend buy one.

http://www.prairielinks.com/FordReview.html

Old 08-08-2004 | 01:03 PM
LEVEL 5 TROLL ALERT!

Old 08-08-2004 | 01:18 PM
If you and your wife are over 6' and you have a child seat in your truck why did you buy a standerd cab? I'm 6'-3" 210 and I LOVE my Screw. I have never been in a truck that has this much room inside the cab. Sounds like you should have bought at least a super cab to handle your family. As for some of your other "complaints" I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

"Steering wheel height adjustment lever has been spring loaded for 25 years, why go backwards in your design now ?"

I have not seen a spring adjusted lever in a Ford for a very long time. Why would you put a spring on a lever that you have to lock into place to hold your steering wheel? It is safer to make the driver puch this lever into a locked position.

"And why can't the passenger side Seat Belt Minder be turned off ? When used for work or farm use when you drive for short distances on private property, there is nothing more annoying than a beeper going for NO REASON."

The minder only goes off if you have someone sitting in the pass seat. This can be turned off however just read your owners manual.

"What good is the higher sides on the box , other than saying you have increased the cargo carrying volume. Even a tall person cannot reach over the side to retrieve items/tools etc. It would seem that it just makes for a higher tailgate that catches more wind and reduces fuel consumption. More volume might be good if it is used as a swimming pool, but as a truck it is useless. Because of the very limited visibilty to the rear, I almost backed into a small car in a parking lot because it was not able to be seen in the mirrors or looking rearward. This makes this truck useless for a work truck."

I find the higher sides to be a HUGE benefit on my truck. Like everything else on your list this comes down to your personal preference. Maybe you should have spent some more time with this truck before buying it. Do you really think Ford should just design their trucks around canadian farmers? Like your comment on the rims. How much more ticky tacky B.S can you complain about?

Old 08-08-2004 | 01:36 PM
So if your previous truck was an extended cab, why then did you buy a regular cab only to then complain about the space?

Personaly I think the steering wheel adjustment works much better than most others. While most others pivot changing the angle of the wheel, this one changes the height f the wheel without changing the angle. [SARCASM] But I guess your right, pulling and then pushing that lever back into place is hard work. I mean, if I wanted such an intense workout id go to a gym or something. [/SARCASM]

Old 08-08-2004 | 01:52 PM
|
My Thoughts

I have always had a Regular cab. When used for work an 8 ft box is invaluable.

Why have a supercrew when 95% of the time their is one passenger, 3% of the time their is two, and 2% of the time their is three, likely only when weather conditions require a 4x4.

Does the steering wheel adjustment lever in your pre 2004 pickup not return to the original position when you let it go? Try doing it 25 times a day getting in and out. I like the entire steering column moving, but it is very awkward to adjust.

If you can get the " passenger " side belt minder to turn off with a passenger sitting there, please let me know. The manual, nor my dealer can do it. When the passenger may be covered in dust and have greasy hands, there is no need to put a seatbelt on to drive across the yard.

Can anyone give me a practical use for the higher sides? I sincerely would like to know because not even my dealer can give me a practical application.

When your wheels are out of balance and shaking when you go down the road, I don't consider that to be BS. And I am sure others with the same complaint would agree with me.

I just wanted to share my opinions and thoughts with everyone, just as everyone appreciates your feedback as well.

The more information someone has, the better informed decision can be made.

Dwayne

Old 08-08-2004 | 02:05 PM
Sorry you didn't like your truck.

I am on my second 2004 F 150 and love them, but I don't have your experience of trucks in the past to make comparisons.

Don't worry about the "Troll" comment.

I certainly don't see it as such...you are entitled to your opinions but unfortunately there are obviously a lot of very committed Ford guys here who don't like hearing adverse comments.

The good thing about your post was that it was well written and thoughtfully composed...which alone made it worth reading....much more so than some of the semi - illiterate stuff we have to put up with here.
And before some of you scream out about having a superior education.....I mean those posts that look more like they were written by an 8 year old...and believe me there are more than a few of them.

Not many here will agree with your point of view but you are entitled to put it forward in the way you did without the stupid and pointless "Level 5 Troll alert" comment.

Old 08-08-2004 | 02:40 PM
I think the reason Ford has not yet responded is because your beefs are silly.

I listen to some of the complaints and I just don't see it.

"I can't rest my arm on the window"

Your arm isn't supposed to be on the window. If you have both hands on the wheel as you should, your arm would not be on the window. So what are you saying? Ford should encourage poor driving habits? As if they don't have enough lawsuits.

You are over 6 feet and you didnt take an extended test drive to check for comfort?

Your mistake.

Now listen carefully to what I have to say...

Ford doesn't care about regular cab drivers. If it were up to them all of the F150's would be SCab and SCrew where the margins are.

The SuperDuty is supposed to be the worktruck these days. Cost one out. You will find it's the same price for a 250 reg cab as a 150 reg cab with all of the same options.

If you are indeed a farmer, this should have been the truck you bought.

Old 08-08-2004 | 03:15 PM
Why don't you just trade the truck in on a Dodge if you dislike it so much?

Old 08-08-2004 | 03:20 PM
That guy is full of it. My truck is the most comfortable I've ever owned. I've already taken it on quite a few long road trips that are over 6 hours. It's even more comfortable than my Excursion. Why do people waste the time to write bogus editorials such as that?

Old 08-08-2004 | 03:38 PM
Re: Worst Puchase Ever 2004 Ford F150

Originally posted by Dwayne MB
Made a decision last winter to buy a Ford again, but I have regretted this since the first week I owned it.

Do yourself a favor and read this before buying one, or letting a friend buy one.

What a load of CRAP! I am 6'4 and weight 225lbs. I drive an average of 30,000 per year. This truck (the new body-style 2004 F150) is the most comfortable truck I have ever been in. Your gripes about interior space are absurd. Read the specs that compare the Dodge and the F150 and you will see what we all know...

edited to remove slander -- rp

Last edited by Rockpick; 08-08-2004 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-08-2004 | 04:14 PM
Re: Worst Puchase Ever 2004 Ford F150

Wah wah no one wants to ride with me wah. I am 6ft and my arm rests on the window ledge perfectly!!! Do you want Ford to change all of this stuff?

This is the nicest truck I have ever owned and all of my friends want to ride with me. If you hate it so much sell it and buy something else. Someone will be happy to buy your truck.

It is obvious that you have an agenda posting on all of those sites.

P.S. Bad a$$ truck!!!!

Originally posted by Dwayne MB

Old 08-08-2004 | 04:24 PM
Sounds like B.S. or sour grapes to me. If you dont like the truck its your on fault you should have taken it for a test drive. The other piddly things you mention are either opinion or poor driving habits. Trade it in for something else and leave the rest of us satisfied F150 owners alone. We already know we love our trucks and your inane ramblings arent going to change our minds. Now grow up and act like a man.

Old 08-08-2004 | 05:55 PM
Who cares if your friends dont want to ride with you? I remember riding in a POS 1981 Chevette when I was in high school (the car was 15 years old then) and I was happy as pie.

What? Is this guys friends royalty or something? You got to have a Beamer to get your friends to ride with you? Let alone your own damn family. That is just messed up. If my wife didnt want to ride with me because of my truck I would be asking myself why I married her in the 1st place.

I am 5'11" and I am about 10%body fat and weigh 250lbs from lifting weights. I could barely fit into my old Ranger because of my shoulders. I have ZERO problems with this truck as far as room is concerned. I fit myself, and my three boys (aged 5,3,1) all in the front seat together on my Reg. Cab.

This guy is just whining. What a joke.

Old 08-08-2004 | 05:57 PM
|
I appreciate your comments

I appreciate all of your comments, many of which are very useful. My posting is simply to share my experiences with others, just as you have shared yours with me.

I agree that Ford would seem to not wish to produce many more regular cabs, and by alienating the buyers who do choose that particular model they will not need to produce any in the near future.

The F250 is 4,000 CDN dollars more for the same specced vehicle, with a much rougher ride. I appreciate your suggestions, but I had weighed that option. And in hindsight maybe I should of gone that direction. Maybe I should of gone to another Dodge. Or my first GM pickup. Or looked at one of the imports that are increasing marketshare everyday.

Many things are visible on a test drive, many are not. I am sure everyone that has ever bought a vehicle has found something they didn't neccesarily like the next week,month, year etc.

Thanks to F150Online for such an informative site

Old 08-08-2004 | 06:18 PM
It's too bad the truck and he couldn't connect.. My reg. cab rocks,
even if i do have to move the seat to put something behind it, lets see hmmm - click, push forward - push backward and click ..
ya i can see how that may be trouble for some..

And i bought my reg. cab for the exact reason of NOT wanting anymore than two pass. at one time and keep the armrest down
so i don't have anything or anyone in the middle. That is especially why i sought out a 4x4 with manual transfer on the floor,so i would have a reason NOT to have a little kid in the center,sorry kid no room c-ya....

Last edited by jztbcz; 08-08-2004 at 06:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Worst Puchase Ever 2004 Ford F150