2004 - 2008 F-150

Root Cause Of The Vibration Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004 | 09:40 PM
|
Root Cause Of The Vibration Troubles

Root cause of the vibration Troubles
If you look from the driver side rear wheel well with your eye level even with the top of the frame you can't see the rear passanger side tire, Now do the same from the passanger side rear wheel well, you will see the top two to three inches of the driver side tire. The frame is uneven and unbalanced with the axle. Every F150 on the dealer's lot is the same way, this is the crux of the vibration issue. Wake Up FORD

Old 08-10-2004 | 09:42 PM
Are you serious?!

PTTTTSSSHHHHH... <--- that's the sound of the first can of whoop *** being opened...

Old 08-10-2004 | 09:49 PM
Re: Root Cause Of The Vibration Troubles

Originally posted by NYALB100
Root cause of the vibration Troubles
If you look from the driver side rear wheel well with your eye level even with the top of the frame you can't see the rear passanger side tire, Now do the same from the passanger side rear wheel well, you will see the top two to three inches of the driver side tire. The frame is uneven and unbalanced with the axle. Every F150 on the dealer's lot is the same way, this is the crux of the vibration issue. Wake Up FORD
Pretty sure Ford would have caught that. My truck is not like that. Maybe it's just yours, maybe you're parked on a severe slope. I have the 255's and can see straight through from either side. I hope the 285's and the Daystar close the gap.

Old 08-10-2004 | 09:54 PM
Mine isn't like that either, same view from both sides. What little vibration I have left is coming from the front.

Old 08-11-2004 | 12:35 AM
Lemme guess.

You are 16 and don't even own a car.

There RockPick - I didn't call him the "T" word.

Old 08-11-2004 | 08:35 AM
Bent frame? Yeah right.

My guess is the small %age of people having problems have issues with the new rack & pinion steering system. Ford had the same problems when they first went to rack & pinion on the Crown Vics and Grand Marquis.

Quick Reply: Root Cause Of The Vibration Troubles