2004 - 2008 F-150

Major changes to the 2004 FX4 Screw?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004 | 11:44 PM
|
Major changes to the 2004 FX4 Screw?

If anyone's been on the subwoofer thread category, they've noticed I've been asking how to fit a lot of things inside the Black Screw, but I'm not stopping there. Seems as though I have quite a bit of loose change in my pocket, and I'm going bigger. Without further adieu, I've decided to lift it with new suspension, new tires, new rims, new audio system, screens, tint, toolbox, bedliner, bedcover, the whole nine yards. But my major question thrives in the first three. I'm a little stuck between the offroad and street genres of trucks, therefore, I'm hoping to get a Rancho 4" Lift (5.5" supposedly), 35" tires (don't know what kind), and 20" rims. My questions are: is this lift good enough, what kind of tires should I get, and can any 20" rim withstand the occasional roughness of mild offroad activity?

Old 08-13-2004 | 07:19 PM
I say wait for the Donahoe Racing lift to be available. I talked to the guy the other day and he said when it is available in +/- 30 days, everyone that bought the other nasty riding junk on the market will be lining up to kick themselves in the butt. Based on what I know about their other products, the guy is right. This is REAL suspension with REAL travel.

http://www.donahoeracing.com/

Old 08-16-2004 | 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Jimco
I say wait for the Donahoe Racing lift to be available. I talked to the guy the other day and he said when it is available in +/- 30 days, everyone that bought the other nasty riding junk on the market will be lining up to kick themselves in the butt. Based on what I know about their other products, the guy is right. This is REAL suspension with REAL travel.

http://www.donahoeracing.com/
Hey boss I wouldnt go so far as too call other lifts such as Rancho, Procomp and Fabtech junk. The Stage II of these and even the baselines are pretty damn nice lifts. Besides isnt the Donahoe a 3" lift? Whoa watch out for all that new added travel! All these companies make some killer lifts. I dont think anyone would be disappointed, as far as kicking themselves in the butt, I would hold that thought untill Donahoe issues a price quote to you. And when you are using all that travel the suspension puts out, be sure not to rely on the 1/8" Aluminum skid plates.

Old 08-16-2004 | 11:04 AM
I didn't name names did I ? I agree the names you mention are known to produce a quality product however it is the QUALITY of the travel not the quantity I refer to. Just because a truck rides 6" higher doesn't mean it has 6" more travel.

Old 08-16-2004 | 12:11 PM
I fully understand a suspension travel and you didnt go through naming names, but I can promise you the only lifts in these boys trucks are rancho, fab and procomp, so what junk were you talking about if not those. By the way the Fab, and Procomp Stage II offer the most advanced and highest travel currently out for the 2004 F150. Not to mention where do you plan on riding if you need more travel than that? Rock crawling with a 2004 F150 with a 144" wheelbase, have fun with that.
Also what tires are you planning on running to get all this travel, because 35" tires are going to set you back as well. I think a lot of the guys here want to increase offroad performance and looks with a lift, and not drop $3k for 2 more inches of travel because no one here is running the 04 as a competition offroad truck....at least none of us with a $30k+ sticker.
I am however interested in how the kit is better than the current ones, do you have any info on it? Do share.

Quick Reply: Major changes to the 2004 FX4 Screw?