2004 - 2008 F-150

my new truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004 | 04:55 PM
|
Talking my new truck

what up gentlemen! i am a proud owner of a brand new 04 f-150 xlt supercab with the triton 5.4!! it has the fogs and the 6 disc added on as an option. i got it for 22,000 out the door cause the dealership was having a red tag sale on all the 04's on the lot! let me tell you this truck rocks! i love it to death.

before buying i did some shopping around, tried the titan, 1500 hemi, but all failed! titan had too many problems even on the test drive! it was a rattle box! the salesman said don't worry if i purchase, he'll make an appointment to have the rattles inspected, and it would be in the shop for 2 weeks! i laughed at him and said this test drive was over! the idiot thinks someone will actualy pay 28,000 just to have it in the repair shop the next day for 2 weeks?!!! plus the one i test drove already had the bedliner chipping!

now ram hemi 1500, nice truck, but the interior is like *****!! it looked like the interior of my dads aerostar back in 1993!! i even told the salesman, why is it the interior looks like something from the 90's?!! he was at a loss for words!! i laughed and after the test drive, he whispered to me that the interior of the f-150 is much better! i said thanks and i was off to ford! FYI- be careful with what dealership you go to to buy your truck.....this dude told me to floor the ram to feel the hemi power!! now correct me if i'm wrong, but if 3 or 4 people test drove that truck, wouldn't that damage the engine since the truck is not even broken in yet? oh well.

at last the mothership, ford. i call it the mothership because all my family has on the driveway are ford cars and trucks! anyways, got there to find out that they were basically taking 8000-9000 off msrp for their whole 2004 inventory. lucky for me, their inventory was huge! just strolled the lot looking for the one that was for me. finally found her, white slt 5.4 trion scab! love it! plain and simple. paperwork was a breeze, and i was outta there in an hour.

now, just need to save up more dough to lift it and put some 33's, maybe even a bigger blower! well, that's my story, just wanted to introduce myself and my experience. truck-on! later!

Old 08-13-2004 | 04:59 PM
Congrats!!! and welcome to the forum. There is a ton of good info on here plus some info that you probably don't need to know but hey, its a forum. Sounds like you got what you want. Now you should get some pics up

Old 08-13-2004 | 07:29 PM
Congrats!! Have a 'nanner!!

Let's get some pix posted now!

Quick Reply: my new truck