2004 - 2008 F-150

Just got a new screw and have a question

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004 | 08:25 PM
|
Just got a new screw and have a question

Hey guys I just picked up a Supercrew FX4 but have a few questions for you.

1. I was looking under the hood and in the jams it looks like the factory didnt apply clear coat. The clear coat ends at the lip that wraps into the jam. Is this just how Ford is finishing these, does yours look like mine? I know my 2001 Screw wasnt like that.

2. I feel a funny shutter when I start out from a stop, its very slight but noticable. Is this common?

3. Is it just me or was the truck quicker with the old motor? My 2001 seams alot snappier and it has 40 less horses.

Anyhow I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Thanks!

Old 09-04-2004 | 09:04 PM
X-Dodge,

I also have a 2004 Supercrew FX4,

My hood jambs are also dull appearing (they were this way on my 99 also.)

I had the shudder when starting from a stop also but it was gone by 300 miles.

I also think that "seat of the pants" tells me that my 1999 XLT 5.4 was much quicker than my new truck but I have not stomped on the new one yet.

Congrats on the new purchase!

Old 09-04-2004 | 09:26 PM
|
Thanks Timberghost!

I just went out and verified the paint issue. I was wrong about the 2001, it doesnt have any clear either. That will teach me, sorry guys.

I havent got on mine very hard yet either, im only at about 150 miles. But I still have my 01 and when I drive them back to back the 01 just seems to have more spunk and that just under normal driving conditions.

I tell you though, Ford did one hell of a job on these new trucks, I love just looking at it.... inside and out.

Old 09-04-2004 | 10:01 PM
You gotta consider the incredible weight difference in the old and new trucks, that should explain the sluggish feel compared to your old truck.

Quick Reply: Just got a new screw and have a question