2004 - 2008 F-150

2004 screw water leak

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005 | 11:18 PM
noc
I took my truck into Villa Ford and Mel, the service manager said there's a TSB on the leak to the door sill. They are taking apart the pillar and the foot well and putting silicon. I'll update on the fix when I get the truck back tomorrow cuz it'll rain big on Thursday here.

Old 01-05-2005 | 08:49 AM
HAD problem - heard water slushing around in the passenger door/floor while driving.

FIXED problem - removed the extra rubber plug in the bottom of the passenger side body.

When I examined underneath the vehicle, I found that there are several drain holes in the body. And one of the ones on the passenger side (which had a matching one on the driver's side), had a rubber plug that was inappropriately installed at the factory. I removed the plug, and a bunch of water ran out.

Haven't had a problem since

Old 01-08-2005 | 01:36 AM
grisswaldo,

I have the exact same problem. My truck has been in the shop three times now and it still hasn't been fixed. Did you ever find out exactly what was causing the leak. I have heard it could be the A pilar, unsealed body, or taillight. What was your final outcome. If anyone else out there has a similiar story please enlighten because my dealership must be totally in the dark.

Old 01-08-2005 | 02:03 AM
noc
dmitry,

Can you describe where the rubber plug is?

My truck is still leaking after the dealer supposely fixed it per TSB.
All the water collects under the passenger door sill gutter. It's also in the wire channel. I'm going to check under for plugs when it stops raining.. if i can't find it.. i'll have to go back to the dealer and have them mess with it again.

Originally posted by dmitry
HAD problem - heard water slushing around in the passenger door/floor while driving.

FIXED problem - removed the extra rubber plug in the bottom of the passenger side body.

When I examined underneath the vehicle, I found that there are several drain holes in the body. And one of the ones on the passenger side (which had a matching one on the driver's side), had a rubber plug that was inappropriately installed at the factory. I removed the plug, and a bunch of water ran out.

Haven't had a problem since

Old 01-09-2005 | 03:57 AM
SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TT TTTTTTTTT
I have this problem with mine.Did anybody come up with a fix?

Old 01-09-2005 | 08:52 PM
Question

Did anyone ever find out where the water was coming in at that soaked the front passenger side floor? I have a similar problem I discovered today. I was looking in the fuse box, had the passenger side doorsill off, and noticed it was damp under the padding, not soaked but damp. I pulled the carpet up a little and it looked like it might be coming from under the black rubber trim that sits under the carpet on the firewall. I know the top of the carpet isn’t wet and wasn’t wet a few months ago when we had quite a bit of rain during hurricane season but I’m assuming the padding's been wet for a while because I see some rust on a screw head.

Last edited by jpdadeo; 01-09-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2005 | 08:41 AM
water leak solution

Hopefully this information will prove to be usefull for those of you experiencing problems related to water leaks or the discovery of wet carpet in passenger floorboard/footwell. In my case the problem has been solved.
I should point out several things which may prove useful when approaching your dealership/service department with this issue.
1. Don't strong arm the service department, in other words, don't insult the waiter before you get your food.
2. When your vehicle is finished make sure to get a printout that includes the problem reported and what was done to fix it.
3. Be dilligent. In my case I returned the truck three times, over the period of 1 month the total time in the shop exceeded 10 days, even then some followup visits were requiered.
4. If your padding was once wet you will need new carpet, (padding is included w/carpet) unless you want mold. This is a fact.

In my case the truck was purchased new in august 2004, I purchased ford's premium care warranty, although this matter was never an issue, as most state laws/regulations provide guidelines to be followed when dealing with new automobile purchases.
All things considered, I was treated fairley. I recieved no grief from the service department. My problems were immediatly addressed and the staff has been very responsive. I was disappointed the problem was not not fixed correctly the first or the second time and even when it was eventually fixed I had to return my truck to correct some minor issues overlooked after installing the new carpet.
Now on with my list of areas to inspect when addressing the discovery of wet carpet on the passenger side floorboard/floorwell.
1. Heater Core 2. Glove Box 3. All Drains 4.Door Seal Plates 5. All Body Seams 6. Passenger Seat Assembly 7. C Pillar Area 8. Box Light Assembly

My problem??
It was fixed by correctly sealing the box light assembly (on top of the cab) replacing C Pillar and sealing several areas underneath the floorwell area.

Good luck

Mark

Quick Reply: 2004 screw water leak