2004 - 2008 F-150

Daystar 2.5" installed, now clunking..!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005 | 05:19 PM
I have(self installed) autospring's 2" kit(1 5/8" spacer, still called a 2" kit). The rear of my screw FX4 sits 1" higher than the rear(measured at wheel well). This particular brand seems to give a little more than the 2" it's name implies. I would definetely recommend this kit as it looks great, was relatively easy to install, and I have no problems w/ it. It is possible other brands actual lift may be different, but as far as I know w/ the others you must compress the coil spring,which must affect ride, not to mention and additonal step that requires a compressor tool.

Old 01-04-2005 | 05:53 PM
MHP
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fx4scab
[B]I think when you mess with the original engineering of a vehicle, your just asking for trouble. The engineers designed this thing to perform it's best from the factory. Mess with things and your asking for trouble. I do wish they would have raised the front end a little more to satisfy my eye. But for me...2 inches just isn't going to make my truck any more of an attraction than it is now.
I guess if the modification was approved by Ford engineering or something, it might be worth it...but I can do without it for now.

Just my opinion...

Ive seen 2.5" daystars installed on brand new trucks on the lot still, so Ford must not have too big a problem with them. I have one on mine and its clunk free, actually made the ride better in my opinion, stiffened it a bit.

Old 01-05-2005 | 05:52 PM
Originally posted by PriorityOne
I had the same problem in my 04 scab after installing autosprings 2" kit. It ended up being my sway bar links being worn because upon re-assembly they were spun to much.
So did you have to replace the end links.

I, too, have the clunk. Everything is tight and it happens on little bumps, so its not from the control arm or the spindle hitting the spring at full extension.

robisten

Which bolt did you tighten that corrected the problem in 5 minutes?

Thanks

Old 01-05-2005 | 08:46 PM
Yes, sway bar links were replaced and now i am clunk-free.

Old 01-05-2005 | 10:39 PM
How are your guys cv angles up front with these coil spring spacer lifts. I saw a dealer installed lift with spacers and the cv boots looked horible. They won't last long at those angles.

Old 01-06-2005 | 12:36 AM
I am thinking about levelling mine too...

I am thinking about putting on a set of 17"x10" Centerlines. What size tires would fit with the 2" kit and these wheels, considering they have 4.5" rear spacing?

TIA

John

Quick Reply: Daystar 2.5" installed, now clunking..!