2004 - 2008 F-150

some positive words...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005 | 02:47 AM
|
some positive words...

For the first time in four months, I realized I like my truck...went out for a burn, as I call it, I was not driving fast as the roads here in Calgary are not good.

Accelerating at a stop lights I was quicker in 2nd gear/2wd than a four runner in 4 hi, in my 04 f-150 reg cab xlt 4x4, Dam. I like my truck....I now feel good carma with my ownership.

I took off the 4x4 decals, in nasty driving conditions, it's like I have a sleeper at the stop lights....

I bitched alot abought my 02 f-150, no good words of prasie could be bestowed on that ##box! I have had recant problems with my 04 battery and or charging system that seem to be fixed.

Not since my 81 malibu have I felt like my soul is entrenched in sheet metal, sound's like b\s to some, but because I feel good abought me, I beleave the truck is picking up on my good vibes.....

It is time for me to get back into fixing and or working on my own truck. I'm still stuck in carburater mode, and I admit to being behind in tech/terminnogy, but the basics are still the same...

Since my pcm was reflashed I have a 100% new, new truck, it just accelerates like a banchee..

Given time, my faith in Ford just might be restorded....I learned a lot with my trails and tribulations with the 02 f-150, sc true blue 4x4, it was the best looking truck I could ever own, and it so so was a disapointment, but hey times they are a changing, and I have no justa-fide complaints on the (MY) f-150.

If you do decide to buy one, drive more than one as they Do not roll off the asembly line =, the same logic could be applicable to Gm and Dodge, ect, but I'm not driving them, I'm passing them.

I wounder if the bean counters at ford, Gm, ect will on occasison check out this web site, and I hope they do, better products improve all brands....

My truck is 100% a work truck, I'm not into driving a pickup to make a satement or to be the next product of yuppie syndrom, those are my words and don't take offence if you do have a high end super cab, or super crew, or a plain jain xl, or xlt.

I do not know who started up f150 online, or if Ford has some say in sponsering day to day operations, But I do thank him/her and or, for this means of sharing and exchanging information, it has helped me out time and time again.

Old 01-02-2005 | 11:30 AM
Old 01-02-2005 | 12:35 PM
Moderator &
Re: some positive words...

Originally posted by lonnie brown
I do not know who started up f150 online, or if Ford has some say in sponsering day to day operations, But I do thank him/her and or, for this means of sharing and exchanging information, it has helped me out time and time again.
Ford has nothing to do with day to day operations here nor do they own any assets pertaining to f150online.com. You may hear of the occasional reference to 'STEVE' here at the boards. Steve is the owner of f150online.com and is also a Ford Truck enthusiast.

Just FYI..

Old 01-04-2005 | 04:30 PM
knowing how unhappy you were with your old truck, I'm glad to hear the new one is working out.

Old 01-04-2005 | 04:52 PM
Moderator &
Originally posted by J-150
knowing how unhappy you were with your old truck, I'm glad to hear the new one is working out.
I second that motion! Congrats bud. Glad to hear things are on the upswing!

RP

Old 01-06-2005 | 01:13 AM
You mentioned that your pcm was reflashed, was this to cure a slow throttle response?

Quick Reply: some positive words...