2004 - 2008 F-150

Did "NOT" do the Trade in to the Lariat....

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005 | 09:25 PM
hah, funny stuff in here..... i can understand why bad vibration would bother people to not buy a truck, But for not buying because of the ride and the noises.... whoaaaa now, Trucks have come a long way and their more of a "Luxury truck" these days but its still a truck. my 03 had squeaks to hell and back due to the back shocks... you could put your foot on the running board push down and up and when the truck rocks it would squeak but hey... its a truck drive another truck and compare.... i think you'll hear just as much noise

Old 04-28-2005 | 07:32 PM
Quiet Steel

I'm a newb to the board and looking to buy an F150 in the next month or so. I've tested a the following 2003 F150's (2dr 4x4, supercrew lariat and 4dr King ranch w/53K miles on each). The 4x4 seats killed my back and the other 2 rode quite well. I didn't reeally listen for cabin nz since I'm still excited about buying one. When did the quiet steel came into effect?? Does it really make that much differnce in cabin noise especially at highway speeds??

Thanks,

Old 04-28-2005 | 07:42 PM
Re: Quiet Steel

The quiet part came about with the redesign of the F150's in 2004...(as far as I know, which might not be that far) All I know is that my 2005 is quieter than any other truck I've been in, and quieter than a lot of cars...not that I bought it for that reason...I bought a cargo bed and an engine, and happened to get a nice ride and library quiet included. Nice.

Old 04-28-2005 | 07:53 PM
here's my .02 cents...i had a rental 4.7L, 3.55, non-lariat screw....it drove and felt like a p.o.s. in COMPARISON to my lariat screw.
i think the fact that it was a rental, and driven like one may have killed the truck though. either way it really made me appreciate what i got in the Lariat.

HUGE edit....
i wish i would have seen that it was TRITON that started this thread.
Triton, im not a hater or skeptic like some, but for only wondering why YOU of all people with the biggest lemon ever think you can talk chit on the lariats, maybe if you werent a cheapo and woulda got the "nice" one to begin with all would be fine.
BTW, who wants to take your non-braking lemon in for a trade anyway???

Last edited by Sick05Lariat; 04-28-2005 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-28-2005 | 08:05 PM
And here all along i thought only Dodge used the 4.7, damn, i must have bought the only 4.6 XLT Ford made.
Id trade my XLT for a Lariat in a nano second if I could afford it, but not at the expense of losing the shirt off my back.

Old 04-28-2005 | 08:08 PM
after reading this thread, I have to wonder how "bad" TritonXLT's truck actually is.

I get the feeling somebody's looking for something he can't get in any pickup.

Old 04-28-2005 | 08:11 PM
You know as much problems as you've had I think you should go to a different brand. I don't know you and mean no harm in what I am saying but you seem to bread problems and complaints. Why don't you just wash your hands of this vehicle and look elsewhere.

Maybe if you get a Ram, titan, silverado, you will find a dealership willing to help you more. I would imagine the dealer your going to now cringes everytime he sees you or your vehicle. I've been in business customer service for a while. There is a point where you say this customer is costing me time and money let him go.

I trully wish you the best of luck and will never say another word but you need to start woring about the things in life that are important. Do you have a family? Maybe you need to get a car or something and spend this time and effort you have on this truck with your family instead.

Old 04-28-2005 | 08:21 PM
|
Banned
wow! I forgot I even posted this thread a long time ago!

Acually some guys got affended I think when I was talking about the Lariats that I test drove back then (they were "USED" 04's at the time.

When I get out of this truck, I will be looking for a "Lariat" to drive around in! The Lariats I drove 4 months ago had high miles on it at the time and wasn't impressed at it. I think I would go for a Brand new Lariat if I were to do this all again soon I hope!!

As for as me getting another Brand, naaa...I still love Ford. I want another F-150 very bad acually! Ford Makes so many F150's during the year, and they all can't be perfact, theres going to be a few odd ***** here and there, and my luck of the pick, I got a bad one. Were a Ford Family, we have 3 F-150's in the drivway, none of them have been in the shop other then oil changes, but mines every so I know it's not Ford itself, I just got a bad one.

Old 04-28-2005 | 08:24 PM
|
Banned
Re: Quiet Steel

Originally posted by y2kstratus
I'm a newb to the board and looking to buy an F150 in the next month or so. I've tested a the following 2003 F150's (2dr 4x4, supercrew lariat and 4dr King ranch w/53K miles on each). The 4x4 seats killed my back and the other 2 rode quite well. I didn't reeally listen for cabin nz since I'm still excited about buying one. When did the quiet steel came into effect?? Does it really make that much differnce in cabin noise especially at highway speeds??

Thanks,

just so you know, welcome to the fourm!!

Also, if your looking for a new F150, don't read my post! I acually got a bad one out of the bunch and in a process of getting out of this one and getting into a new one. None of my post are going to help you make you disition on buying one or not. I will be getting another F-150 if thats helps your disition or not!

Old 04-28-2005 | 08:27 PM
|
Banned
Originally posted by Sick05Lariat

BTW, who wants to take your non-braking lemon in for a trade anyway???

lol! I made this post 4 months back when my truck didn't have as many problems as it does now and it wasn't a lemon back then. Next truck I'm looking for is acually a Lariat! Love the King Ranch, but I'm not rich either though! lol

Old 04-28-2005 | 08:27 PM
Suspended
Re: Re: Quiet Steel

Originally posted by TritonXLT
None of my post are going to help you make you disition on buying one or not. I will be getting another F-150 if thats helps your disition or not!
I wouldn't base my decision on whether or not I wanted a new F-150 from a person that can't spell decision.

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 04-29-2005 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-28-2005 | 08:31 PM
OR who hits the middle divider on his garage door.....

Old 04-28-2005 | 08:31 PM
|
Banned
Re: Re: Re: Quiet Steel

Originally posted by ThumperMX113
I wouldn't base my decision on wether or not I wanted a new F-150 from a person that can't spell decision.
LOL I think every post I make, I always miss spell which seems like every other word! I knew I shouldn't have skipped out of 2nd grade like that! lol :-P

Old 04-28-2005 | 08:32 PM
|
Banned
Originally posted by Merek3CS
OR who hits the middle divider on his garage door.....
\

LOL hey now! Not my fault!

Old 04-28-2005 | 08:35 PM
Suspended
If it was me and my brakes failed I would of throw open the door and start to Flintstone it!

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 04-29-2005 at 08:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Did "NOT" do the Trade in to the Lariat....