2004 - 2008 F-150

Check Engine Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005 | 10:23 PM
|
Unhappy Check Engine Update

Got my truck back from the dealer. Turns out my oil filter had a hole the size of a pin in it and was leaking oil. I check my oil once a week on Monday, so from the time I checked it the oil filter had been punctured (dealer says probably by some debris) and leaked out about 4 quarts.

I ran my system check several times and it never registered low oil pressure, but my check engine light triggered. Thank god I had it towed to the dealer against there recommendation of driving it there otherwise I would have burned my engine to a crisp. Dealer ran some diagnostics on the engine and took it apart and it had no signs of damage.

I went to pick my truck up and when I looked at the filter, the hole was so damn small it wasn't visible. I checked out the work order and the idiot dealer only put 5 quarts of oil in a 5.4 liter engine that needs 7 quarts, so I had to wait another hours until the tech could drain the oil an refill it to get it right. The engine sounds fine and rides normal, so I'm assuming everything is okay.

Well I guess I learned my lesson. I love this truck, so much I would have dropped another engine in if anything showed or shows up.

Needless to say it's been one hell of week. They weren't lying when they said "Built Ford Tough", that engine took a beating an kept on rolling without missing a beat.

Thank god it's a Ford!!!!

Quick Reply: Check Engine Update