2004 - 2008 F-150

DJM Me

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005 | 08:56 PM
Well if you decide on going with a bigger wheel and tire package, the gears will help.
As for rubbing, I suppose its close but I cant get them to rub at any angle or articulation with the 305/40/22 and suspension drop. Ive tried my best to getthem to rub so I can see where the limits are, but I just cant get it to....thats a good thing.

Old 04-16-2005 | 03:54 AM
hey guys this is my first post here, but i have picked up a lot of useful info from these boards. fatherford i am looking at lowering a '04 dsg xlt reg cab with djm's 3.5"/5" kit and have contacted a local shop to perform the install since i don't have the time, tools, or place to do it. they are saying they will not do it unless i bring them some smaller tires to put on the front when they are done. i have sowed them the pics of yours and they are saying that you did not follow the directions properly or that you did something that wasn't recommended. i have showed them djm's site which says that there MAY be a clearance problem with stock tires. what do you think about this? did you do anything that wasn't in the instructions? i just want to clarify before i continue to argue with them about it. any advice is appreciated.

Old 04-16-2005 | 09:49 AM
|
I followed the instructions to the period. The "stock" tires they are talking about is the 31.5+ tires(like come on some 4x4's.) The 30" tires will clear like a champ. If it's a professional shop, i can have them call my professional shop and David Clark of DC motorsports can tell them I did everything correct also.

You cant really mess up on this install. Its pretty straight foward.

Edit: Where in texas are you located? If its not that bad of a drive ill bring my truck to the shop. I love road trips

Last edited by FATHERFORD; 04-16-2005 at 09:52 AM.

Quick Reply: DJM Me